just a suggestion... (1 Viewer)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
hello to all you skinners... I wish I had the energy to do a skin myself so I don´t have to criticise yours :)
ooh, that sounded bad..... it really not that big a deal... I just thought that the whole idea with a scrollable menu is that the selected item is always in center?
at least as it is used at the moment. This is the main menu I´m talking about.
perhaps this is somehitng that the skinner can´t be blamed/bothered about... I´ll probably find out myself the day I start working on my own. ...again.. :)

well... take this as creative criticism, if it is indeed out of the skinner´s hand, then this should be moved to Feature requests!

Thanks for listening, and keep skinning!
bedlam out

A

Anonymous

bedlam said:
hello to all you skinners... I wish I had the energy to do a skin myself so I don´t have to criticise yours :)
ooh, that sounded bad..... it really not that big a deal... I just thought that the whole idea with a scrollable menu is that the selected item is always in center?
perhaps this is somehitng that the skinner can´t be blamed/bothered about... I´ll probably find out myself the day I start working on my own. ...again.. :)

well... take this as creative criticism, if it is indeed out of the skinner´s hand, then this should be moved to Feature requests!

bedlam out

I agree, I don't want it to act the way it does but it is not in my hands ;)

I have been thinking of posting something about this some time but I have been to lazy to bother hehe :)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Samsonite said:
bedlam said:

bedlam out

I agree, I don't want it to act the way it does but it is not in my hands ;)

I have been thinking of posting something about this some time but I have been to lazy to bother hehe :)

yeah, I always had a feeling that that´s not really what you wanted. the layout of your menu just screams "STAY IN THE MIDDLE!!".
this is especially disturbing since the images becomes semi-transparent when they´re not in center.

well..perhaps I should move this to the feature suggestions then...
or is it a bug? though call :D

A

Anonymous

belam said:
I just thought that the whole idea with a scrollable menu is that the selected item is always in center?
I''ll agree with part of this. I don't mind the menu scrolling that much - I can use it either way, but what I thought was a bit strange was the way the menu items repeated themselves so I never got to the top or bottom of a menu.
belam said:
this is especially disturbing since the images becomes semi-transparent when they´re not in center
I agree, the semi-transparency doesn't make sense for a moving cursor menu.

What I think would be nice would be a cross between the two, where the cursor moves as just now, but then the menu smoothly scrolls so the cursor returns to center. (Like the ease in/out values when doing animations and video editing.)

bedlam said:
perhaps I should move this to the feature suggestions then...
or is it a bug? though call
Why not? (I don't think it's a bug.) Then download the source and add the skin options yourself!

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
I just posted it in feature requests.
And I suggested that you cuold have a property in the skin for which type of main menu it is.. . perhaps scrollable, non-scrollable, centered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom