Just not stable enough (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    lol, funny thread again. :D

instead of letting the devlopers know what fails on which point and provide log files, ppl are just complaining about stability/missing features of the TV-Server - BETA.

wonderful :mad:

hmm..
    should i mention that such threads do not motivate the devlopers to continue with their work?
    should i mention that this is an open source project, which means that every member of the community can help to improve MediaPortal?

but moaning is soooo much easier :rolleyes:

kalon

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I can only say that i love the Mediaportal Project, devs and community. I really see that the majority is doing a great work and it´s lot intresting to see how good a opensource alternative can work! And when I say majority I meen everybody - both devs, tester, beginners ... I´ve learned a lot since I began to surf to this community. I hope that I´ve learned somebody else something when I´ve answered a thread - I hope that devs had some use of my bug reports an so on.

In my home the MP 0.3 today is our television receiver. I had a lot of bad eyes from my wife and family - even my 1,5 year son says that "the tv hangs".. But thats my motivation - to come up with a solution...

And you know what? the build from 8/1: no more crashes! The server including one client & one other client has worked 100% without restart.

All of this is worth a lot of medals to all devs and everybody that contributes!

m0deth

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here's a question and a point to make! haha

First off, let me say thanks to ALL who work on this....we'd all be pulling our puds to bad media frontends without them.

Secondly, my question:

I have a ton of media on my machine so far...over 160 movies, about 15 tv series with differing seasons content, 180g of tunes, dunno how much pics, playlists, etc.
    Setting this all up takes a ton of time...as you well know. What are my chances of getting the TV engine 3 up and running on this setup,(PVR-150 1045), without totally hosing the current setup?

I'm thinking about throwing in a spare laptop drive with ide converter to test this idea and just dual boot. Can I have one copy of MP with TVe1 fully working, then install MP w/TVe3 to have the server stream to other machines? It runs as a service, so I wasn't sure if this could be done, or if it would require two tuners to do so.?.? I'm desperate now, as I am down an HD card due to capacitor snappage. This machine had the PVR-150, but now sits TV-less, and it's annoying.

I guess my point in the beginning was, if people know it will actually help, they may just volunteer,....even without the snied attitude.

thx for putting up with my broken thoughts

m0deth

kalon

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You mean that you want to use the tvcard in "old" MP to watch television AND use TVE 0.3 to stream Television to other clients?
    If so, I don´t think that possible because one tv card can´t be active in both old engine and 0.3 at the same time.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You mean that you want to use the tvcard in "old" MP to watch television AND use TVE 0.3 to stream Television to other clients?
    If so, I don´t think that possible because one tv card can´t be active in both old engine and 0.3 at the same time.
    indeed :)

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Hey Hey

I just installed the latest TV Server (12599) and SVN (12601) and been using it for 10 mins so far, and it now changes channel faster than the non server edition and for the first time i've managed to watch one channel and record one at the same time using 2 dvb cards!!

I'm am well pleased with it and Really can compare it to any other revs that i have tried!!

Absolutly first class Guys I just hope everyone else has the same joy as me.

N.B. i'm running the tv server and the non-tv server on the same machine and switching between the two and both are clean installs as of yesterday.

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just been having more of a play with the server and the only problems I can find are:

1. When recording 2 channels at the same time the second recording is blank
    2. When I stop a recording MP jams for a couple of seconds
    3. If recording 2 channels and I stop one both stop

Other than that for viewing and recording one channel and watching one is superb!!

Really great job, all you devs should be awarded some type of trophie!!

A have hopefully attached a picture of Media portal showing 2 streams in action as proof. I truely hope everyone else has the same success with this build as I have!!

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    What are my chances of getting the TV engine 3 up and running on this setup,(PVR-150 1045), without totally hosing the current setup?
    100% just install new version into diff folder and flick between them. I wrote a post on doing this in tips section earlier today. I run 4 diff versions (not all at same time obviously).

Current v3 is pretty useable, but some plugs I use aren't yet compat, some recordings hang on playback, remote client radio hangs machine, epg skips some channels, so It's good to be able to flick back if needed.

m0deth

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yay!

Hrm, he Hrmmmed....This gives me options then, hehe

Thx for the help guys, I had another question as well, hardware related to tv3

Do you forsee any problems with me using the Theater550Pro PCIex1 with this?

One of my cards is this, and one is PVR-150

Now that I have the 150 setup all down and easy, I'd like to get both in and running in this fasion. I figure using the 550 for stream would be best for stream quality between the two cards, or am I wrong in this?

m0deth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom