Just to say thanks... (1 Viewer)

mmacleod

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
LONDON
Its been 2 days now since my first install, and I wanted to put some thoughts into print so here goes....

Guys - Thank you very much, for your time, development and vision in creating MP. I switched from MCE2005, and to be honest, its alot better at the moment in speed and reliability, but I see where you are trying to go with this and think it is brilliant . The level of customisation is great, and to think that a handful of developers in their spare time have put together this whole thing is nothing short of amazing.
When I think of how much money/time/development that Microsoft put into MCE, you have done so well to come this far, and never let anyone forget - Its free!
I am still learning about MP, it is just a vanilla install, so Im sure there is lots of tweaking to do to improve speed/reliability, and Im sure I will be posting lots of questions, but based on first impressions alone, Im impressed enough to send you $50, more as a thank you for all the hard work and a show of appreciation for what you are trying to do...

Well done Guys

Martin

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was going to start a thread, too

I want to chime in my "Thank you!" and add that I hope I will be able to help with future development.

Great product (with a great price!) and hopefully unlimited range of capabilities and features.

Great work, all, and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while coming round about as the are sometimes a few patches that apply to a specific problem and sometimes need to be applied in a specific order for the fix to be successful. Do this for all the plugins you would...
I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while...
Hi everyone. I am a big fan of MediaPortal. I have been using it for several years now and I hope to do so in the future. I have a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Back to MP DE
Hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here we go... In the last couple of months i felt the urge to switch away from Mediaportal. While still working very well there were all this shiny new possiblities with Android TV / Kodi, etc. MP seemed a little bit prehistoric in comparision to the alternatives. Kodi has...
Hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here we go... In the last couple of months i felt the urge to switch...
Hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here we go... In the last couple of months i felt the urge to switch...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the fast replays, All shares have the same user (Multimedia) allowed to fully access (read, write, ...). I changed the network credentials in MediaPortal to an invalid username/password combination, rebooted and I was still able to access the series and movies share but not the recordings. After that I changed the...
Thanks for the fast replays, All shares have the same user (Multimedia) allowed to fully access (read, write, ...). I changed the...
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.1 Description Hello guys, what a simple thread title. But I’m not sure how to describe my issue. But I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Time&Time Format DE
Thanks for your replies! I already fearer that it is directly linked to the Win10 settings, and ignores the date/time display formats configured in the MP2 skins. My win10 is configured to show all button captions, menu names, settings and so on in English - so it's easier to follow hints from the internet when I've to fix/configure...
Thanks for your replies! I already fearer that it is directly linked to the Win10 settings, and ignores the date/time display...
Hi, I'm new here, so let's start with a hello" to everyone ;) I'm using media Portal 2 now for one or two months and it's my first...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom