Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Sorry that was supposed to be 590mA! I've edited my post.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sleep (S3) ------------------------------ 110mA (1.32W)

Curious, is Sleep really old SleepClassic? or NewSleep = ConnectedStandby?

open a "admin" cmd.exe window, cd to your documents folder, type powercfg.exe SleepStudy /duration 1 for 1 day, could change 1 to 7 etc. Open the sleep-study-report.htm file with a web browser. IE. chrome etc. On my win8.1 tablet with same CPU chipset sleep=ConnectedStandby see

Connected standby
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/hardware/dn481216

Connected standby SleepStudy
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn495346

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just for info [as had to have one to play with]:

On the 8.1 Bing base, I installed .Net3.5 - major pain despite excellent guide from HTPCSourcer - I found removing UPDATE KB2966828 solved the 'not connected to Internet' cycle, then MePo 1.12, with most recent version of movingpictures, MPTVseries & WorldWeather.

Copied [I know your not supposed to:whistle: full MePo config XML's from my dev box + skin, database & thumb files - all worked 100% however.

Installed TeamView10 for remote management, all good.

Upgraded to Win10. Everything STILL worked, but needed a lot of work to remove Win10 'phone home' every 1/2 second stuff and terminate auto-update & Defender [and takes a long long time to more old installation, as need to reset ownership & permissions before delete:)

Connectivity is LAN, display & sound via HDMI.

Still need to play with hardware itself - running hot and slowing down in it's native case is issue, based on short test - will be removing from existing case, adding heatsink = probably using mounting holes in board into tapped holes in headsink, then need copper shim between the process heat transfer and the sink.
    Also looking at the small side PC in the case [carrys side USB & switch/led] - assume there are standard USB headers and possible power/reset/LED points on main board.

As and when I get that far, I'll see about posting pics and anything interesting I find:)

TTFN - J.

Dominiccc

Portal Member
    September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    I think I have found a cheaper supply of the same device without the Justop branding. The photos look identical. It also show a pic of the bottom of the device

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quad-Core...yer-Mini-PC-/321745271186?hash=item4ae9833992
    A quick search for the phrase "Package list: V1021EU" taken from the above link seems to indicate it is the same as the Justop.

I've taken a chance and splashed out £66 to have a look inside! Now to find a suitable heatsink!

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Awesome. Let us know if its the same one!

Only problem i can see is that the power adapter is 'EU Plug'. Hopefully you wont end up with a 2 pin adapter.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I think I have found a cheaper supply of the same device without the Justop branding. The photos look identical. It also show a pic of the bottom of the device

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quad-Core...yer-Mini-PC-/321745271186?hash=item4ae9833992
    A quick search for the phrase "Package list: V1021EU" taken from the above link seems to indicate it is the same as the Justop.

I've taken a chance and splashed out £66 to have a look inside! Now to find a suitable heatsink!

Any news on this?

Dominiccc

Portal Member
    September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Its due to arrive between 14 and 20th October.

I note in the advert it does not clearly state whether trial or activated Windows 8.1 is supplied so I'm guessing its only trial. Being a Windows 8 virgin I didn't understand how useless Windows 8.1 trial was until it was ordered. I have emailed the seller for confirmation and will post the reply.

I have several unused genuine Windows 7 installation CDs. Alas I dont see any practical way of using them up to get this on Windows 8 or 10.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Its due to arrive between 14 and 20th October.

I note in the advert it does not clearly state whether trial or activated Windows 8.1 is supplied so I'm guessing its only trial. Being a Windows 8 virgin I didn't understand how useless Windows 8.1 trial was until it was ordered. I have emailed the seller for confirmation and will post the reply.

I have several unused genuine Windows 7 installation CDs. Alas I dont see any practical way of using them up to get this on Windows 8 or 10.

Win8.1 is utterly useless so if you dont have an external hard drive why don't you rip one of your windows7 install CDs to iso, put it on a usb drive and boot from there? Once you've got 7 on the Justop youll be able to upgrade to win10.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Without starting a discussion about Win 8.1 being useless or not - the Justop comes with a fully licensed and activated WIn 8.1 system, which can be upgraded to Win 10 without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom