K-Lite Codec Pack - Recommended? (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    that motherboard should be ok (even though Asrock is the cheaper end) as long as you are not trying to play High Def files, which are probably a little to demanding for most onboard video.

Do you have your memory in Dual Channel mode? That will make a difference for on board audio. Does the video skip in Windows Media Player as well?

JeromeF

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2006
    South West
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    that motherboard should be ok (even though Asrock is the cheaper end) as long as you are not trying to play High Def files, which are probably a little to demanding for most onboard video.

Do you have your memory in Dual Channel mode? That will make a difference for on board audio. Does the video skip in Windows Media Player as well?

The memory is in Dual Chan mode and the video just seems to have problems within the internal player of MediaPortal.

I've just been playing normal encoded xvids most of the time, nothing too high of quality.

I am considering changing the setup a bit now though, as i really only bought the ASRock mobo for the component out on the video. I have been thinking i might upgrade my gaming machine, so i will use the motherboard, CPU and memory from that which is : Asus P5ND2-SLI and a Pentium D905 2.8GHz @ 4.0GHz with 2Gb of Geil 800MHz DDR2 Memory.

But do i really need to upgrade is the question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom