keep check of deleted recording??

Discussion in 'General Support' started by muscles, February 11, 2018.

1. muscles

muscles Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, want to know if there is a way of mediaportal to keep a record of deleted recordings , so it dont rerecord the same show ( i have got mcebuddy to move recorded tv show and rename them but when i delete the tv recording , mediaportal reschedules the repeat grrr any way of fixing this

many thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Did you tick this option?

Check.JPG

4. muscles

muscles Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes i have that enabled , and that prevents it recording the repeats , but when i have to delete recordings from the tv recording folder for room for more recording it reschedules the repeat , so looks like mediaportal dont keep a database ie record of what it has recorded in the past after the delete hope im wrong cause dont want keep recording season after season of the same show lol

many thanks for you reply

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,201 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @muscles
    What you want is not possible right now. For TVE to skip duplicate recordings:
    1. The database must contain the record for the previous recording with same episode details.
    2. The recording file must exist.
    If you can't meet these conditions then TVE can't skip duplicate recordings with that mechanism, and I could only suggest to investigate plugins such as TVWishlist.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!