keep check of deleted recording?? (1 Viewer)

muscles

Portal Member
July 15, 2012
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Hi all, want to know if there is a way of mediaportal to keep a record of deleted recordings , so it dont rerecord the same show ( i have got mcebuddy to move recorded tv show and rename them but when i delete the tv recording , mediaportal reschedules the repeat grrr any way of fixing this

many thanks

muscles

Portal Member
July 15, 2012
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Yes i have that enabled , and that prevents it recording the repeats , but when i have to delete recordings from the tv recording folder for room for more recording it reschedules the repeat , so looks like mediaportal dont keep a database ie record of what it has recorded in the past after the delete hope im wrong cause dont want keep recording season after season of the same show lol

many thanks for you reply

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    @muscles
    What you want is not possible right now. For TVE to skip duplicate recordings:
    1. The database must contain the record for the previous recording with same episode details.
    2. The recording file must exist.
    If you can't meet these conditions then TVE can't skip duplicate recordings with that mechanism, and I could only suggest to investigate plugins such as TVWishlist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    L Service keeps crashing General 3
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4
    B Server service on the service monitor keeps stopping randomly. Client can't see server status. 2.2 Archive 5
    B Episodes to Keep and Priority for Schedules in MP2 General 0
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] Checking UPnP library for security vulnerabilities MediaPortal 2 7
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    Steve.Rayner61 Online Videos - Automatic Updates fails 'Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection' OnlineVideos 10
    morpheus_xx Was this spam? I deleted it... Online Facilities 4
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    R [solved] MP will not delete recordings that are on NAS Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 23
    N [Finished] [MP2-781] Enable one-click deletion of grouped TV recordings MediaPortal 2 70
    G MP 1.21 TVserver race condition when cant delete recording triggered by episode management General Support 0
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    N [solved] Cannot delete recordings from remote client MediaPortal 2 32
    G [solved] How do you delete media in Mediaportal2? General 14
    R Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    Frans Nijhuis [further infos missing] Deleting all TV channels and all channel groups in "MP 2 TV configuration" fails 2.2 Archive 1
    H [fixed] Series programming/deleting 2.2 Archive 1
    H [Finished] [MP2-781] Delete a Folder in TV-Recordings Archive 7
    krebbi [solved] Delete Media Files via Context Menu General 8
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    coolblue [solved] How to delete Recording? General 16