Keep getting unamed-unamed in song title (1 Viewer)

Messiah1095

December 18, 2006
I've just started using Mediaportal and think its a great little program. I've had a couple of problems with it though.

Basically my MP3's don't have any ID3 tags. I name all of the .mp3 files like this:

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms - 01 - The Hollow.mp3

I've been trying to get them to show up like this in Mediaportal using the %filename% switch in options, but it only works for a couple of my albums. Everything else comes up with unamed-unamed.

What am I doing wrong?

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I would recoomend that you use a simple and free tag-editor. From the folder-structure you have it is really easy to create ID3-tags for your whole collection with only a few clicks (really!).

I use http://www.mp3tag.de/ (it's German, I don't know if there is an English version - but there are so mnay other free tools, just choose one). There you can open your whole collection at once, select all and use the "Dateiname in Tag"-function to create the tags - all at once. You just have to figure out how to set the options once.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. you either tag them as trosty suggested above.
    2. you use the "Share View" only, cause this maps to the directory structure

every other view relies on well tagged files and will produce unknown - unknown

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom