Keyboard Navigation (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am running a single-seat install on my test/dev machine. There is no remote attached to it, hence I have to rely on keyboard and mouse control.

With Live TV running the only controls that I can display by moving the mouse, are the main On/Off button and a small left-ward triangle in the upper-right corner of the screen. Stoping Live TV requires that I navigate back to the home menu via the triangle, then select the player icon and finally click on stop.

Switching channels with Page Up/Down displays this OSD:
    Menu control.JPG

There are the player controls! Unfortunately it's only displayed for a second until the next channel gets tuned. Is there any other way to display this OSD in order to be able to access the player controls and keep the screen alive? Hovering in the area does nothing.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In LiveTV the OSD remains open, because it has different levels. It closes once you hit "back". Opening OSD is everywhere mapped to "Info" remote key, keyboard "Context Menu" and right mouse click.

Stopping playback (and others like pause, skip...) happens also with the media keys on most keyboards.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    1. Media Keys of the keyboard are not working. They do work in Windows Media Player.
    2. What key do I need to press for "Context menu"?
    3. I can' t say with 100% certainty, but right-click on mouse is not displaying the OSD
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465592199][/DOUBLEPOST]I am goign to retest everything once again tomorrow. Getting late...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The player navigation is not ideal, I'd even call some behaviors a bug. As you mentioned the player controls are only shorty visible. Once you start to navigate in them, they disappear without being able to reach the target button.
    The behavior should be, that the timer until the controls disappear near to be restarted on every focus change event within the player controls.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The player navigation is not ideal.
    Yes, that's one possibility to express it ;)

I've retested the above and can confirm that:
    • My keyboard Media keys (Logitech) do not work in MP2, but they do what they should in Windows and Windows apps.
    • There seems to be no key on the keyboard that works as INFO
    • In Live TV a mouse right-click does open the OSD
      • Cotinued right-click switches to different OSD views.
      • The menu will not disappear until you have clicked on a selection
      • At some point a menu is showed that offers a Close option - which stops Live TV.
      • Otherwise no way to leave the OSD.
    Since I don't have a remote connected to my desktop PC I can't verify its behavior here. However, I think there should be a default keyboard press that is associated to the INFO function. It should also be possible to close the Info OSD again by pressing the same button a second time.

Mouse control is confusing, I didn't expect that repetitive right-clicks would switch between several OSD views, but obviously MP2 is meant to be conroled with a remote rather than a mouse, so that's acceptable to some degree.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I have not! Tried all the letter and function keys but not this one. That makes it simpler now.:)
    We need to look at the documentaiton in the Wiki, which speaks mostly of functions rather than actual keys.

But still, how do you then leave the OSD without actually executing an option? Interesting that this Windows key works, but the media keys don't.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The 3 OSD levels for TV were explained here
    The 4): It's the short overview about now (white) and next (blue) program
    The 5): It's the long details view for current program
    The 6): It's the long details view for next program

I've implemented this after I've seen this in a real TV menu and I liked the way to show the different details.

I clearly see a huge demand for overworking wiki with all those details

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The 3 OSD levels for TV were explained here
    I've implemented this after I've seen this in a real TV menu and I liked the way to show the different details.
    I see. Tastes are of course different. I have to read through the thread that you cited from and will comment there.

I clearly see a huge demand for overworking wiki with all those details
    Correct. Yet we should discuss about the above first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom