Keyboard Navigation (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So you've got yourself the wrong one... :p;)
    My keyboard has this key also it was very cheap (less than 7,50€ incl P&P). And it's quality is astonishing good, much better than I've expected.
    I love my wireless keyboard with integrated mouse, low weight and only 10mm thickess :) Definitely the right one.
    http://thetechjournal.com/wp-conten...inovo-edge-bluetooth-wireless-keyboard-11.jpg

But I agree with HTPCSourcer. I don't use Keyboard shortcuts in general in MP2, because I don't memorize them and will not go to Wiki, when I'm sitting on my sofa in front of HTPC :)

The auto hiding then does only consider the time from opening the OSD. It currently does not reset the timer when you do further navigation, i.e. to move focus to the player control buttons. This can be changed quite easily as well.
    This is the way it should work. During navigation the control you're in should never be able to hide until the time you stop navigating + timer delay.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We can't have it all. But we do need to explain the keyboard controls in our guides.[DOUBLEPOST=1465638812][/DOUBLEPOST]What if we did the following:
    • Letter key presses are always case-insensitive
    • Letters are always interpreted as list navigation shortcuts.
      • "m" or "M" will go to the fist list entry that starts with M/m
      • If there is no list nothing happens
    • Menu shortcuts (i.e. the current W, T, etc.) are replaced by a Strg+Letter

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Definitely the right one.
    As far as I can see on the picture this keyboard maybe could have the context menu key. Normally it's sitting at the right of the space key, between "AltGr" and "CTRL". And your keyboard has a key there I but can not read what's printed on it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I can see on the picture this keyboard maybe could have the context menu key. Normally it's sitting at the right of the space key, between "AltGr" and "CTRL". And your keyboard has a key there I but can not read what's printed on it.
    It's the funktion key "fn". When pressing it above the F keys in the top red backlighted symbols appear. This symbols are for Mediacontrols. There are "home", "search", "Mail" and media control (play, stop, backward, forward) buttons, nothing more. But no problem. I use remote anyway :) And there is still WMC on my HTPC :whistle:

ilja hony

July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i have problems in mp2 with the internal player simular:

When i'm playing a serie or movie in mediaportal 2 and move mouse i got the menu where i can :
    stop
    pauze
    skip to next chapter
    fastforward
    rewind
    latest 2 functions not working
    i can't fast forward nor rewind by mouse clicking those buttons.
    anybody any idea how to fix its anoying

i run windows 10 64 bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom