Keyboard not Working in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

brad81987

February 1, 2009
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.21149
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.21149
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista SP1
CPU Type: Intel C2D E8400 3GHz
HDD: Seagate 500GB
Memory: Corsair DDR2 4GB
Motherboard: MSI P7N SLI Platinum
Video Card: Nvidia 7800GTX & 8400GS
Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.8122
Sound Card: Built-in
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: MSI Theater 550
1. TV Card Type: Analog NTSC
1. TV Card Driver: 6.14.10.329

I just installed the latest version of MediaPortal. So far everything seems to be working ok however my keyboard will not respond in MediaPortal. I have to do all my navigation with the mouse, the arrow keys will not work at all. What am I missing? It's a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard, works in all other applications.
Thanks

brad81987

February 1, 2009
I figured it out. I had to go under the compatibility tab for the MediaPortal.exe file and check "run this program as an administrator."

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi all, quick update. No crashes since undertaking the changes recommended by AJS. Thanks again for the assist.
Hi all, quick update. No crashes since undertaking the changes recommended by AJS. Thanks again for the assist.
Hi I have been using MP without any major issues for many years but my install has just started behaving badly. I was running MP1...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had been having with video playback. Updated my plugins and Streamed MP skin, and not a single issue. Thank you for all your hard work.
Updated one of my MP installations (from 1.15) to 1.24 Final recently. It went perfectly smoothly, and fixed a few problems I had...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.24 Final Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in MyMusic DB Index...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom