Keyboard shortcuts (1 Viewer)

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
May 7, 2011
Home Country
Austria Austria
Can youexplain it for a dummy how you did get this working?
Thank you!

Got it working

Last edited:

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Another dummy here: I can't seem to find documentation on how keys are actually mapped to keyboard. All I found is this wiki page. But this page references keys such as Key.Escape (straightforward for keyboard) or Key.Play (not exactly a standard key on a keyboard).
    So where is it listed which virtual key actually maps to a keyboard key? Morpheus linked a source that had (scan codes?), but I can't seem to be able to link that to PC keyboard.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    These are in the Wiki. It's the "small" ones that are not, like skip forward, stop playback, media info, etc.

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hese are in the Wiki. It's the "small" ones that are not, like skip forward, stop playback, media info, etc.
    The playback related keys are the ones from MCE keyboards / MCE remotes: they all have "Play"/"Stop" and such kind of buttons/keys. They should simply work out-of-the-box.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    hese are in the Wiki. It's the "small" ones that are not, like skip forward, stop playback, media info, etc.
    The playback related keys are the ones from MCE keyboards / MCE remotes: they all have "Play"/"Stop" and such kind of buttons/keys. They should simply work out-of-the-box.
    Well, OK, but what if I don't have a compatible remote, but one that simulates a standard kbd? How can I issue the same commands with standard PC keyboard?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Or if you want to send commands using tcp/ip from tablet?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, OK, but what if I don't have a compatible remote, but one that simulates a standard kbd? How can I issue the same commands with standard PC keyboard?
    There are already some other ways available, if they do work for you I don't know for sure.
    1. The contained MCE remote plugin is able to map key codes to actions: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ubator/MceRemoteReceiver/DefaultRemoteMap.xml. Not sure which codes you can use there, but I guess you should be able to add/override the keys.
    2. There is a service to handle input from many other devcices, it's called IRSS. A client plugin which listens on inputs of this service is already contained inside MP2-Client.
    3. There is a CECRemote plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-cec-remote-for-mp2.120652/
    4. @johanj then you would need to write a plugin for MP2 which handles those commands reveived from tcp/ip. One exisiting kind of plugin is the IrInput plugin (which does exactly this for IRSS source). See: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/master/MediaPortal/Source/UI/UiComponents/IrInput

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thanks, Morpheus, once again you live up to your name :)
    I just find it interesting that keyboard is not supported as controlling device from start. I imagine it poses issues for te developers themselves. A remote is definitely not as convenitent as a keyboard while testing the software.
    Anyway, I'll try to get the required functionality from my remote, but so far IRSS seems the way to go. I'll be sure to post a feature request to support kbd though. My kids have MP on their PCs to watch TV and they only have wireless keyboards.

Users who are viewing this thread