Keyboard support gone? (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
Hi

I did an unsuccessfull upgrade from RC2 to RC3 and subsequently back to RC2. But now it seems, that even though I restored my old settings, MP does not recognize keyboard inputs.

Keyboard works fine in Windows/MP config, but in MP only the mouse inputs are registered - what gives?

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.

I have the same issue with RC2 when a HID Remote control is activated in setup.
Perhaps this is also the reason for your problem?!

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
I tried the remote with XMBC in fullscreen also. It doesn't work there either! This is really wierd... it works well in windows programs but not when I launch MP/XBMC - well the mouse part of my RF remote works fine

Any ideas? :confused:

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just did an update from RC2 to RC3 an my keyboard is gone in MP, too. Hardware works like a charm... or I couldn't write this here now. ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Were these clean installs of MP1.0RC3, my keyboard is working fine with MP, also the Devs\Testers use keyboard shortcuts whilst checking out any alterations done to the MP code.

Regards

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    I discovered that some of my remote keys are still working: The pause (mapped to space) works, as does the back button.

More interestingly, I discovered that arrow keypresses are not ignored, but interpreted as inputs on the numeric keyboard with num lock enabled (or is it disabled). That is:

Up arrow: inputs '8'
    Left arrow: inputs '4'
    Right arrow: inputs '6'
    Down arrow: inputs '2'

When I VNC into my HTPC, the keyboard works just fine.

Any ideas?

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    I found out that this issue is NOT remote related. It's simply keyboard related. But only in MP (and XBMC)

Can anyone shed some light on this perhaps?

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was an update from RC2 to RC3, so no clean installation. I did a quick check and the basic keys like arrows, Enter and ESC are dead. Haven't checked any hotkeys as I just don't know them. I'll check if the keymap is ok later.

(As the remote is only a mapping to the keys it's not working, too.)

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Where should keymap.xml be located. Maybe it's the same in XBMC because MP is a port of this...

No I have not installed the mentioned program at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom