KNC1 DVB-S and DVB-T cards in MediaPortal CVS builds (1 Viewer)

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Hi all,
    First of all, let me tell you that Mediaportal is a great software. I love it and I think I will be able to contribute to the project. I have been reading the code and I will be able to help in a few weeks.
    Anyway, I have a simple question that maybe some of you could answer. I have these KNC1 cards and I am using the BDA drivers found in KNC1 site. There are two different package in their web site (one for Windows MCE and one for other applications). I have been using the Windows MCE version and it works ok with Mediaportal RC1 but the capturecardsdefinition.xml file has been changed after RC1 and now Mediaportal does not recognize my cards (the name in the capturecardsdefinition.xml is different). I have changed the capture name and filter names in the file and everything works ok. But I was wondering if you are using different drivers that use the capture name and filter names found in the latest version of capturecardsdefinition.xml.

Best regards,

Mosquiss

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is great news that you'll be able to help support (through programming I assume) this project.

If you will look at a couple of the announcements that show up at the beginning of this "Hardware Suport" forum topic you will find the first titled: Hardware support template. I know that everyone thinks that providing the info is just a royal pain but it helps (as I am sure you know sinse working on any software program). The second announcement is titled Getting your H/W TVCard to be supported - take a look at it and once you have provided that info it could be that dman will have the needed data for your TVCard.

Please don't look at this reply as blasting you - the developers just need more info to help!

Mike

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I am posting the template although I don't think it is relevant for my question. As I said before, my cards are supported, it is just a problem of the driver names. Any way, here it goes:

Area: CaptureCardDefinition.xml
    MP Version: Last CVS
    Skin: Blue2
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 64
    Memory: 1GB
    Motherboard Chipset: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
    Video Card: GigaByte GV-RX80256D
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 5.12 driver
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
    Audio Codec Type & Version: CyberLink Audio Decoder
    TV Card: KNC1 DVB-S TVStation
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: BDA driver from KNC site
    TV Card: KNC1 DVB-T TVStation
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: BDA driver from KNC site

These are the two different definitions found in RC1 and in last CVS version for these cards:

RC1
    -----
    <capturecard commercialname="KNC ONE TV Station DVB-S" capturename="TV Station DVB-S MCE (SU1200_K)" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7146&amp;subsys_4f561131&amp;rev_01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBS Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="TV Station DVB-S Tuner (SU1200_K)" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="capture" name="TV Station DVB-S MCE (SU1200_K)" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Last CVS
    -----------
    <capturecard commercialname="KNC ONE TV Station DVB-S" capturename="KNC TV-Station DVB-S Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7146&amp;subsys_00101894&amp;rev_01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBS Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="KNC TV-Station DVB-S Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="capture" name="KNC TV-Station DVB-S Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>
    [/b]

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Take a look at this post. Especially this info:

Code:
    Example: KNC Cards & Nova cards. 

So what you could do is try this hacked driver here... 
    http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cards/KNC_DVB_BDA_Driver_MCE.zip
    With this updated MP file... 
    http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cards/CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

And see if it works for you.

In fact you may want to read that thread. But after studying it and it doesn't help, you may need to PM dman_lfc

Mike

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Thank you for your answer. The links in that post don't work anymore. It is an old post anyway. Somebody has change the Capturecarddefinition.xml file since RC1 and I suppose there must be a new driver somewhere. I will try to find out who did the changes in CVS and will send a PM. But in the mean time, if someone is using these cards, could you please tell which drivers are you using? and what's the name of your turner and capture devices in Device Manager?

Thank you

juandionis

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    I am using KNC cards, DVB-s and DVB-T+. I had a lot of problems with the new releases but finnaly one of the lates CVS works for me.

I have the BDA driver of KNC, not the MCE ones but the "other applications". I tried with some succes the drivers of Technotrend. I think that they are better, but you know MP is working now and I do not want to change.

Device manager shows:

KNC TV-Station DVB Capture
    KNC TV-Station DVB Tuner
    KNC TV-Station DVB-T+ Capture
    KNC TV Station DVB-T+ Tuner.

Sorry I forgot to say that radio in DVB-S is not working, it is working great with DVB-T+

regards

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Thank you for your answer. I have tried those drivers too (the drivers for other applications) but when I install them Device manager says Philips BDA/DVB-T Capture (TU1216) and Philips BDA/DVB-T Tuner (TU1216). Where did you download your drivers?

juandionis

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    That philips name was also in my device manager once but because I tried several drivers (MCE ones, there is one special fo T+, Technotrend, terratec, and others) this generic name was removed, do not remember when, and the rigth one finnally appeared. I have installed and uninstalled my cards many times before they worked quite ok.

Sorry but I am a trial and error guy, not an expert.

Unchek the DVB-EPG grabber. At least in my case if the box is on TV does not work properly. Like the radio issue I mentioned in my previous post this is probably a BUG but I do not know how to properly inform the devps.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom