Kodi TV Plugin for various MP2 versions... (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry, but maybe I don't understand exactly what's going on. I'm no native English speaker and school was 40 years ago...
    For timeshift. Your system has 8 GB of RAM so you easily can use some of it for a RAM drive. This way timeshift should work great. My MP2 server also has 8GB of RAM on a Celeron CPU, much less strong than your i5... I've setup a RAM disc with a maximum of 5 GB using IMDiskTK as Software. It's easy to setup , has no limits like any other software and it's free... Aside this it only uses the RAM dynamically, just in time. As long as you don't do timeshift literally no RAM is wasted by the RAM disc...
    This is working ootb for MP but for Kodi you need to add a .bat script to the Windows Taskplaner as the RAM disc isn't shared after a restart any longer. The script should look like this:
    Bash:
    net share Timeshift=R:\Timeshift /GRANT:EVERYONE,FULL
    exit
    You need to adjust the drive letter (R: in this example) and the timeshift folder to your setup and then save this as something like "timeshift.bat". This batch you need to run on every start of the server,easiest with taskplaner...
    After pointing the timeshift folder inside the setuptv tool to the new created RAM drive everything should work like a charm...

Your recording issue I don't understand completely. What exactly did you do, step by step, please? And what happens vs what do you expect to happen?

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 Is there a update available?

I tested Kodi on my new Android TV Box but, the TV Player won't start.
    But the connection to the Server is fine and the TV Server shows that the Kodi Client startet a channel.

I have used the Plugin from your Post #27, but this was the Version from Mai, maybe there is a Problem.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There must be a problem with the Plugin or something.
    Cause if i start a TV Channel the Player won't start, and if i stop this channel it takes 5min until it stopps.
    That couldn't be normal.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 Is there a update available?

I tested Kodi on my new Android TV Box but, the TV Player won't start.
    But the connection to the Server is fine and the TV Server shows that the Kodi Client startet a channel.

I have used the Plugin from your Post #27, but this was the Version from Mai, maybe there is a Problem.
    Try attached plugin. I compiled it against the latest MP2.3 branch, so it should work.
    If not, there is another problem. Do you use Kodi 18 or 19? I think for Kodi 19 the plugin needs to be updated on Kodi-side.

Attachments

• TVServerKodi_MP2.3_Final.zip
      39.9 KB

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same Problem as before.
    Player don't start and the stop from the channel takes 5min.

I use Kode 18.9 from the GooglePlay Store for the Android Box.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok TV Stream works, i activated the RTPS Stream Option in Kodi and now the Player starts.
    Is there any Problem with RTSP?
    Cause in any description i read, it must be disabled.

But still one Problem stays, i can't stream two TV Streams, cause the first stream stops when i started the second.
    This Problem is with MP2 and with Kodi the same.

Look to this thread: MP2 - V2.3 - 2. Client stops video on 1. Client
    Hope anyone can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom