kworld DVB T 100 will not setup (2 Viewers)

studiodaz

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-04)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP1)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2800+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: K7VT4APro
TV Card Model: kworld DVB T 100
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 4.0.108.3
Video Card Model: Radeon 9550 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6512
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.1.46
Synopsis::

I have been trying to get MP working now for over two weeks,
I can use GBPVR but don't like it and the sofware that came with the card works but it isn't very good.

I think MP is looking for the wrong drivers as it says it "can not make a graph for this device" after playing with different setting I can get scan to work but I can not find any channels

my drivers are Kworld DVBT 2388x the latest ones, but MP shows DigiGo 2388x in the capture card list.

I am stuck now but I am sure there must be someone who knows what they are doing who might like to give me a hand setting this up,

Thanks
Daz

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
No I have this same card and while its hardly a really good card I would say I can confirm it does work, to some degrees (my machine is a piece of crap and it might be much more to do with my box than my card.) I would highly reccomend uninstalling all other software you got with the card infact I would get rid of anything that even came with or has anything to do with the card then re-install it using only the latest drivers.

studiodaz

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Callifo said:
Apart from the fact you need SP2 installed, your card isnt listed in Wiki as supported so you might need to get it added.

I didn't really want to have to change to SP2 if I didn't need to

I will have a look at this wiki thing

studiodaz

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Dordo said:
No I have this same card and while its hardly a really good card I would say I can confirm it does work, to some degrees (my machine is a piece of crap and it might be much more to do with my box than my card.) I would highly reccomend uninstalling all other software you got with the card infact I would get rid of anything that even came with or has anything to do with the card then re-install it using only the latest drivers.

thanks Dordo

I did do a re-install like you said but if was the same.

what is no so good about this card and what will other card do better?
I may get a better one if I can't get this working.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
At least give SP2 a shot before going out and buying a new card. You can create a system restore point (I presume) and roll back if something goes wrong. Personally I have had no trouble with SP2, but it seems a lot of people around here are apprehensive about installing it.

The requirements for 0.2.0.0 RC2 do include the need for SP2, so I would give it a try at least.

studiodaz

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
jawbroken said:
At least give SP2 a shot before going out and buying a new card. You can create a system restore point (I presume) and roll back if something goes wrong. Personally I have had no trouble with SP2, but it seems a lot of people around here are apprehensive about installing it.

The requirements for 0.2.0.0 RC2 do include the need for SP2, so I would give it a try at least.

just trying sp2 now

studiodaz

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
update:

uninstalled MP and deleted the folder
reinstalled MP 0.2.0.0 RC2 and setup

on setup no tv channels are found doing the Digital terrestrial tv scan

on staring MP and entering the setup page it sees my card so I run scan again no luck

I run setup again this time it shows the normal settup page. Now I delete my card and add it again set uk and scan again.

Now I am getting 100% signal and it's setting the channels

starting MP now I can now watch TV but my mouse is moving slowly and the picture and sound stutters.

I will try more setting and see if I can get this working smoother

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom