[solved] Lag on client-only PCs (1 Viewer)

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am using MP2 (2.2) with a PC as Client-Server and Client-Only on my other PCs. The Client-Server PC is linked to my home network through WiFi. All other clients are hard linked to the home router. Client-Server PC runs pretty well but when I attempt to look at a movie or a recorded TV show from my Client-Only PCs the application lags and it is impossible to watch it from there.
The problem does not seem to be from WiFi connection since I frequently watch Netflix or other HD streaming movies from the client-Server PC without any lag.
Any idea on how to fix the problem?

Solved :)

Last edited:

VFGW

September 21, 2021
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

How did you solve your problem?
We have the same problem I think.
The stream starts to stutter when 6 clients are active and after a while you can timeshift, but they still seem to be lagging behind.

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
Actually, I do not remember to have solved the problem on MP2 2.2. However, it is working properly since I migrated to MP2 2.3.2.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In case somebody faces mentioned lags please post your log files here. 6 clients is quite hard core and I can not try to reproduce such setup ;)

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, the problem is back :-(

Recorded TV shows play fine on my server (client + server setup), but watching them on another computer (client only setup) is not an option because there is too much lag.

I watch HD movies via wifi with no problem on both computers. I'm on wifi 6, my server and client are both showing 5GHz connections.

Any clue on how to resolve the problem?

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-02-04-14.07.48.zip
      208.9 KB

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll crate a new tread cause this one is tagged as solved and it is not the same version of Mediaportal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom