Language Problem causes duplicates (1 Viewer)

whoknowsit

November 1, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everyone,

this is a great plugin.

I have different series in different languages. I prefer to look in english, but my family need german. So for example I have a folder:

Burn Notice
------subfolder: (De)
------------------subsubfolder: Season 1
------------------subsubfolder: Season 2
------subfolder: (Eng)
------------------subsubfolder: Season 1
------------------subsubfolder: Season 2

Now if I analyse the series MP will display me two times Season 1 - Episode 1 etc. Sure, it is there two times, but in MP the language is not shown.

Does anybody has an idea how I can see the language or sort by language, or at best no more duplicates, only sort by language or filepath....?

Thank you very much!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    One solution I can forsee would be to create a new icon rule that looks at filepath and shows nice DE/EN flag alongside all the other media icons, or simply display the text "Deutsch" / "English" alongside the files.

As for the exact syntax on said rule, your best bet is to look at the existing ones and look for any that gets close to what you want to achieve.

whoknowsit

November 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey RoChess,

thanks for your response and your possible solutions. I think it is not very realistic that somebody will add for me such icons (but I think the language is a very important detail).

So what do you mean with your last sentence, is there a possibility how I can achieve it now? As I said, I am absolutely new to this software and this plugin (installed today). So is there anything I can do now?

Thank you

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your situation is more multi-user based, which will be supported in MediaPortal v2. That version is already available in early-alpha and I know some people who run it, but it is not recommended for production.

The beauty about an open source project like MediaPortal is that when something is not supported by default, there are still ways to make it happen if you put in the time and effort.

So yes, indirectly what you want is already possible, but not by default and with MePo v2 on the way no time will probably be wasted to make it happen before then anyway. What you need is to edit the TVSeries.Skinsettings.xml file and add a workaround then to make a new logo appear that shows language of file based on folder.

If MediaInfo had proper language support to detect on files, then this feature would have already been implemented, but it is a hot mess right now, so you are stuck wth icky workarounds, but considering you have the folder structure in place, it should be relativly easy. You will however have to do some research yourself, there is a gigantic amount of information available on how MP-TVSeries uses logos and what you can use, so read the wiki, forum, etc. Maybe you are lucky and somebody already has done what you seek and you can search for the forum post with the answer, or somebody else will read this and do it for you.

whoknowsit

November 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thanks for your time and good explanation! i will search, and if I dont find anything I will wait for v2 :).

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom