ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I have issues with mem grow when browsing large music collection & using icon view (it can actually run out of mem, but does not crash only blank images occur) other then that it works fine here.

Would be nice if you could figure out where it snapped into svn, it will give rtv a hint on how to solve the issue you see.

Regards
    Roy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would be nice if you could figure out where it snapped into svn, it will give rtv a hint on how to solve the issue you see.
    I think this is a skinning engine issue not specifically last.fm. I will try and see if I can pin this down to a specific SVN tomorrow

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have issues with mem grow when browsing large music collection & using icon view (it can actually run out of mem, but does not crash only blank images occur) other then that it works fine here
    Will do clean installs of a couple of SVNs tonight to see if I can narrow this down.

Out of interest what size/type is your album art? Most of mine is embeded as 500x500 images inside FLAC files and also stored as foldrer.jpg. (which reminds me, I should check whether this happens with shares view and/or MP3 files)

Also how big is your collection?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I have almost the same in image size, but some is bigger & some is smaller inside music files + folder.jpg for all & i'm using db view & "album artist" modified to not have sorted by letters. MP setting thumbnails is 120x500.

About collection, lets say it's huge & various format (ape, flac, mp3, wma etc).

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, seems like a change doesn't free up texture & with low main memory you can run out of it... Need to check a bit more, but maybe thats it.

Regards
    Roy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hmm, seems like a change doesn't free up texture & with low main memory you can run out of it... Need to check a bit more, but maybe thats it

Did some testing tonight and I simply installed 1.1 Beta and setup a pictures folder. Then going into picture library and changing layout I monitored memory usage.

Until latest SVN (24975) each view used about the same amount of memory each time it was cycled to. With latest SVN when I do this memory just goes up everytime I change view and never goes down (goes up some times by 20MB so quickly runs out of memory)

Something in latest SVN has done this so could a mod please rename / move this whole thread? but also struggling to understand why I can reproduce this at will but others can not :confused:

Setup is XP Pro SP3
    Nvidia 9400 IGP
    Asus Xonar HDAV soundcard
    MCE remote
    iMon VFD
    (have swapped TV cards around today and this made no difference so don't think that is important)

Does not seem anything out of the ordinary here....

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Try the attached core.dll (backup the old first & replace with this), i've reverted one change from a tip tourettes gave me, lets see how it goes for you...

Regards
    Roy

Attachments

• Core.zip
      30.6 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Try the attached core.dll (backup the old first & replace with this), i've reverted one change from a tip tourettes gave me, lets see how it goes for you...

Regards
    Roy

Yes that fixes it. Memory usage stays reasonably constant now when I change the layout of pics

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ok, then it's the patch to fix a mantis issue, well it's reopened & lets see if it can be really fixed :D

THX for reporting!

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom