Last.FM Rework and Auto DJ mode (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK found it. Was a misplaced bracket. See earlier post with downloads there is a new databases binary. Please replace with that one.

The code is up to date in GIT if you are building from there.
    Nice! It's working again ;) Gotta tell you, once you get used to stuff like this, and it doesn't work anymore... That's the point when you really understand the 'power' of stuff like this (y)
    Code:
    2013-03-11 10:25:19.299639 [Info.][(27)]: Submitted last.fm now playing update for: Birdy - Shelter
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.082651 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Matched 13 local songs.  Attempting to add 5 tracks
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.084652 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Lana Del Rey - Blue Velvet
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.084652 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: John Mayer - Crossroads
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.085654 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Rihanna - Diamonds
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.085654 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Adele - Lovesong
    2013-03-11 10:25:20.085654 [Info.][(27)]: Auto DJ: Added to playlist: Adele - Chasing Pavements
    2013-03-11 10:25:21.482194 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicFiles deinit

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    v3 uploaded to post #2
    This fixes the auto DJ issue above and should make things more stable.
    This is quite a big change underneath so any feedback at all is appreciated (even if it is that things are no different to previous versions)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All still seems to work fine Mike. Auto-DJ is still going strong!

What i did notice was that when you have the same song more than once in your collection (different versions spread over different albums for example) that you often end up with duplicates in the playlist. I just started playing 'Birdy - Shelter' and 'Adele - Chasing Pavements' got added twice to the list (different versions).
    Is there anything that we can do about it, or is this completely up to the API?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    All still seems to work fine Mike. Auto-DJ is still going strong!

What i did notice was that when you have the same song more than once in your collection (different versions spread over different albums for example) that you often end up with duplicates in the playlist. I just started playing 'Birdy - Shelter' and 'Adele - Chasing Pavements' got added twice to the list (different versions).
    Is there anything that we can do about it, or is this completely up to the API?
    It is down to me...
    I figured if I had two versions of the same song I would consider them separately.

I want to improve the matching criteria anyway so will look at this.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If i understand it correctly, the match for new songs being added is mostly based on 'simular artists' (last.fm)? Michael Bublé got added several times, but i also have a christmas CD from him, which was really weird to hear now ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    If i understand it correctly, the match for new songs being added is mostly based on 'simular artists' (last.fm)? Michael Bublé got added several times, but i also have a christmas CD from him, which was really weird to hear now ;)
    Yeah so if Adele - Chasing Rainbows is picked up as a similar track then auto DJ will look for that in your collection.

Then it picks a random one of the matches (first checking that specific file is not already in the playlist) and adds it to the playlist. If you have five different versions of this track then currently there are five chances it will be picked up (although it should only add the different versions not multiple copies of one version)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (although it should only add the different versions not multiple copies of one version)
    That i can confirm. It added 2 different versions, never noticed the same song being added twice ;)

Last edited:

thm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have running your latest v03 and sofar it works just fine. Currently mainly auto DJ mode. But I used the last.fm radio in 1.2 quite a lot and really liked it a lot. So I will see too, that I can give some feedback on that.
    One more specific thing about auto dj mode. I usually notice a drift in music selection, or bette my girl friend. So she starts playing a Katie Melua album and afte 3h she ends up with Slipknot. Auto DJ number is 22. So my question would if the complete playlists js considerer equally or whether the intial songs have higher priority.

But in general: Nice job, I really appreciate your work.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have running your latest v03 and sofar it works just fine. Currently mainly auto DJ mode. But I used the last.fm radio in 1.2 quite a lot and really liked it a lot. So I will see too, that I can give some feedback on that.
    Radio feedback would be most appreciated :)
    One more specific thing about auto dj mode. I usually notice a drift in music selection, or bette my girl friend. So she starts playing a Katie Melua album and afte 3h she ends up with Slipknot. Auto DJ number is 22. So my question would if the complete playlists js considerer equally or whether the intial songs have higher priority.
    Currently it simply gets a list of similar tracks to the one playing and picks one at random. After 3 hours this kind of drifts.... This is on the todo list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom