Last minute EPG changes by broadcaster (1 Viewer)

dkw

Portal Member
June 23, 2013
United Kingdom United Kingdom
With the recent Wimbledon tennis coverage and Andy Murray actually winning :), the Beeb were constantly moving programs that were scheduled to be shown on BBC1 and swapping them with the tennis on BBC2. Also, last nights The Apprentice: The Final Five was moved from 9pm to 10:30pm and a revised repeat about the man himself was moved forward to 9pm.
Anyway, I happened to have The Apprentice scheduled to record, but got the Champ instead. What can be done to stop this from happening? As a convert from Media Center, I know its guide is set up to use the in-band data for the now & next program and the downloaded for the rest up to 2 weeks ahead, thus resolving last minute schedule changes, as long as the broadcaster update the in-band data.
I'm using mc2xml to populate my guide, so I was wondering if MePo can use the in-band data in the same way as Media Center?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Last edited:

dkw

Portal Member
    June 23, 2013
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK- thanks. Fingers crossed it'll make it's way into the new version.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Yeah apparently you have to have a JIRA login to see issues. We are investigating if JIRA can be made public to view.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J Resume from Standby Last Module TV Showing TV Server Settings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    X Tv-server läst sich nicht mehr starten TV / Streaming 1
    Hawkeye Changes to last added view Feature Requests 0
    R [solved] MTS files freeze on last frame Watch / Listen Media 2
    M Media Portal sehr hohe CPU Last und sehr schlechtes Live Bild DVB-S Einsteigerforum 3
    C last version with BlueWide skin General Support 4
    C MP 1 Bis zum ersten TV Bild vergeht 1 Minute TV / Streaming 2
    J Things I noticed with MP2.2 almost within minutes after upgrading it over the 2.13 version General 6
    ToothFaerie MP1 (1.19.0_Final) 2 minutes wait between channel changes. General Support 8
    P Video and audio stutters after playing TV recording for few minutes 1.19 0
    O How to edit the scheduled stop time on a recording with negative minutes to resolve conflicts Newcomers Forum 2
    D EPG No Data General Support 2
    D [solved] EPG Data off by -20 hours? General 10
    G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
    F Mini EPG more information? WMC Skin 4
    N No TV or EPG on fresh install General 0
    framug No color in TVGuide when XMLTV without DVB EPG MediaPortal 1 Talk 59
    T Freesat EPG in UK anyone? Electronic Program Guide 78
    Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
    404 [solved] EPG problem after Win10 'upgrade' General Support 1
    CyberSimian [fixed] MP1-4990 : Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG MediaPortal 1 10
    framug [EPG] Some problems with DVB EPG Improvement Suggestions 49
    D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5