lastest version (1 Viewer)

muscles

Portal Member
July 15, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, just wondering if the latest version of mediaportal with madvr is ok to use for the lounge htpc at mo im on 1.15 all has been great ... just wanted info if going to latest build with madvr support would be stable for family viewing or should i stick to build i have... this question really is to the people who using madvr build with madvr enable for their main htpc or are people just testing the build with madvr coz might not be stable enough? info be nice

many thnaks opps title spelling lol, ment latest

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was and still am involved with the testing of the Madvr new versions but due to WAF issues I have had to now confine the testing to my desktop PC. My HTPC is using the 1.18 Final version with Madvr, it is reliable and the PQ is excellent,and I am using it for family viewing, I highly recommend it.
    Bear in mind that Madvr is an option and you do not have to use it with the latest versions, the standard EVR is still the default. If you do use Madvr you will need a decent GPU to get the best out of it, additionally it does offer the possibility of playing Bluray 3D.
    Give it a try.;)

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    Yes, 1.18 is pretty much flawless with MadVR.

Unfortunately, 1.19 pre release is very bad with MadVR (tens of thousands of frame drops) so hopefully this is resolved in 1.19 final.

I'm unsure if anyone else has reported this issue, if not then i will.

muscles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply lad's will check it out and, stay away from 1.19 pre release i will

enjoy your weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom