"Latest media" for MP2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started to implement a small feature for MP2: I created a model to expose list of recently imported MediaItems, grouped by Movies, Series, Images and Audio.

The logic depends on the "imported" date, the model will load the last 5 MediaItems per category (thanks to new SQL paging support this will internally look like: "... order by imported date desc limit 5").

For now I show them in a simple list in a separate screen:
    02_latest_media.jpg

The new screen is available on homescreen:
    01_home.jpg

@Developers @Designers @Testers:

Are there any specific requirements which I should add as next step?

I know already ideas for other skins (Apollo One) where new items can be placed inside menu.

Do we want to keep a separate entry to "latest media" on home screen? If so, could someone create a cool button graphics? :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do we want to keep a separate entry to "latest media" on home screen?
    If we want Latest Media on home it should be displayed on focussing the corresponding button in home screen, similar as it is done for backgrounds by Background Manger plugin... We can add this as a view / filter to the plugins and maybe as configurable first view when entering the screen. But a separate button on home is not too comfortable, I think.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the Workflow Model in Some Way extensible? I have lastest videos available from onlinevideos too. Would be good if we can have it in a way that any plugin can publish items to it?
    Also the latest videos on online videos can change every x minutes (as configurable by the user.)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the Workflow Model in Some Way extensible?
    I planned to add a way for extension: i.e. for recordings I would need the SlimTv plugin to register its media. I'm not yet sure how I can implement the required GUI properties (ItemsList) for this case.

Also the latest videos on online videos can change every x minutes (as configurable by the user.)
    I first started with a BaseTimerControlled-derived model, so it refereshes itself every x seconds. The reason is, that I would like to make the items available to any screen:
    such model could be used in homescreen (like CurrentWeatherModel), so we could place the media items whereever we want. A possible use case would be to place the latest series into a home screen for Apollo One, like in lower right of this screenshot:
    home_v2-jpg.155332

I have lastest videos available from onlinevideos too. Would be good if we can have it in a way that any plugin can publish items to it?
    This would be a good argument for having a separate entry in home screen, it could provide a central access to latest n media items of different sources (even provided by plugins).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next step:

I modified the model for easier extension by plugins. I now use a nested ItemsList to hold all Items by category. I will later add extension builder to contribute own list items (or "Lates Media Source", like OV2 plugin)
    03_nested_listview.jpg

Interesting: if you look at the current screenshot, the main layout can scroll down. But this doesn't work by keyboard, because focusing only tries to locate items on screen. Scrolling by mouse wheel works correctly though.

If we want Latest Media on home it should be displayed on focussing the corresponding button in home screen, similar as it is done for backgrounds by Background Manger plugin... We can add this as a view / filter to the plugins and maybe as configurable first view when entering the screen. But a separate button on home is not too comfortable, I think.
    @ysmp @Helios61 as you hit "agree" on this quote, I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

Do you also would not like to have a separate menu entry?

I'm open for good ideas! But one thing I want to make clear: to place latest media items in kind of "menu" or "overlay" on home screen when focusing the button, would require a good navigation, focusing and usage concept. At least I really don't want to get a complicated menu structure as Titan skin for MP1. (I'm already sorry if I stepped on designer's toes ;))

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If I understand this correctly, the search for latest is based on File Date?
    Does the Importer or any of the other tools store Release Date Info?
    Might be a nice option to have if someone wants to look for that latest releases available on their system

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For now I took the "imported" date, so the recent added items are considered.

But we do have more dates available, i.e. "recording date", but it's used differently (i.e. release year for audio).

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Morpheus,
    i also think the best to have the 2 option.

1.it's great that is implanted as part of MP2 and not as community plugin (first the info is very important for every media center, second that's why in MP1 we have all this hacks / work around in xml files,we never have a full time developer to tack care of MP1 GUI.. and is force us to make all this workaround in skin files witch you correct, not easy and not right way to do in MP2).

2.as you start this feature from scratch is easier to add most comment options,in case a skin designer need this info for his new skin. (it's really suck as a skin designer when you wont to do view some info and you cannot do it as some code missing, make you change the original design of your skin... or do this workarounds.)

3. even more the second option can give more option to a skin designer, not just if he wont to view the info in basichome, for example this info can be add in each section like if you in movies section main screen or music main screen ... latest// new and if is more then just 3 items (like mp1) is even better .

just my 2 cent.. ;)

Last edited:

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Morpheus, can you add a option to sync the last media to trakt please? ..
    May MP1 (moving pictures database) and Trakt are equal, but in mp2 (under last media) it lists verry old movies.

At the moment (until there is mp1 and mp2 development and the media editor is not created) i need a option to sync both systems. my moving pictures database is up to date and if trakt and mp2 last media will be also in sync i would see new and unseen movies in mp2 :)

what do you think? Or is there another way to sync both databases (moving pictures and mp2)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom