"Latest media" for MP2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    May MP1 (moving pictures database) and Trakt are equal, but in mp2 (under last media) it lists verry old movies.
    Is there a real definition what is "latest"? In MP2 I list the newest recently imported items. Depending on media type, there are many possible date information available, let's give a few examples:

The MediaAspect.ATTR_RECORDINGTIME contains a quite common date: for Audio/Movies there is the "release year". For TV recordings it's the actual recording time. If the recording is a movie from 2012, recorded in 2014, which is the "latest date" to sort?

So for now I took the "DateAdded", when the MediaItem got imported into ML first.
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ts/Media/Models/LatestMediaModel.cs#L118-L122

As you see in this example, the ordering is only one parameter and it could be set differently per category (Image/Video/Audio).

But in any way there will be different opinions what "latest" mean...

At the moment (until there is mp1 and mp2 development and the media editor is not created) i need a option to sync both systems. my moving pictures database is up to date and if trakt and mp2 last media will be also in sync i would see new and unseen movies in mp2
    Regarding trakt sync:
    What held me back currently is the inability to store "per user" status of watched flag inside the MediaLibrary (ML). This is planned to be changed, so a MediaItem can hold "watched" flags for different users.
    For MP2 we want to support different users, which are currently different MP2-Client, as we have no login/"change user" screen.

Once we have this, the "sync" call would have to consider each known trakt user account and map the user's "watched" into a MediaAspect of MediaItem.

An interim solution could be built (I would have needed this as well), but I had no time for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom