Latest Media Handler v2.4.X.000 (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I´d even say drop support of that in LMH if it leads to problems
    While the problem is only in the log file, if we can not solve it. So I'll take the support of Argus, to the original version.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    After some struggling with this issue, making my hair (what remains of it) even more grey than before, these are my findings:

• Whatever I do in the code, the log problem is still there if I don't use argus.
    • There is a build script that merges the dll with a specific version of NLog.
    • If i use the version of the dll that is not merged to NLog, the logs work in all cases.
    • I don't know the history, so I dont know the reason why LMH must bring its own private NLog.dll.
    • I don't think that NLog is causing this, I think it is ilmerge that finds something in argus that it links to and this makes the logs only work when the argus dlls are found.
    • The only way that I could see (at least according to the documentation) for ilmerge to ignore resolving the argus references was to use the /internalize switch with an exclusion list that names all dlls except the NLog.dll. I don't think that is a good solution.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I don't know the history, so I dont know the reason why LMH must bring its own private NLog.dll.
    I also do not know why this is so. But it was done originally. I do not know C #, so I do not know whether it is right or wrong.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Actually, I was wrong about wht the internalize/exclude options does. And I don't think it is a good idea to remove NLog.dll from LMH (might be some possible case of incompatible versions, I assume).
    Feel free to dump the Argus update from the official build. I will keep the Argus version for my personal use.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, here is my new attempt. Instead of merginging dlls with ILMerge, I inject with libz (google ILMerge alternatives for a description). That is the only difference, and it seems to preserve the logfile contents regardless if Argus is present or not, and adds support for Argus 2.3.. ajs@, I made a new pull request.

Attachments

• LatestMediaHandler.zip
      240.1 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    # Beta - LatestMediaHandler 2.3.0.57
    Entangled in versions, check this version works? The idea is the correct version of all the corrections and additions.

Attachments

• LatestMediaHandler-2.3.0.57.mpe1
      282.4 KB
    • LatestMediaHandler.dll.for.ajs.MVC.zip
      240.2 KB

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, after a quick check (1-2 minutes) I can confirm that it seems to work with argus. I use Avallanche skin, so it displays a lof of data from LMH. I haven't checked any deeper details though.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom