LAV and subtitles (1 Viewer)

wusel

Portal Pro
November 3, 2011
Home Country
EDIT: ced007 found a solution: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/lav-and-subtitles.108773/#post-875564

I struggle to set up subtitles with LAVfilters.
In MePo-settings I disabled the subtitles engine and in the "Codecs and Renderer"section I picked the following setup:
zKeuU.png

To my understanding now I only have to configure LAV. So this is what I've done so far:
fCFXi.png

When Audio is german - subtitles are turned off; audio english - english forced subs; audio german - german forced subs; any other language - english subs. But still it doesn't show any subtitles.

Last edited:

wusel

Portal Pro
November 3, 2011
Home Country
I tried both suggestions and it still don't work. Subtitles are srt-files. Are they supported?
EDIT: Another problem is that dts via digital out has very low volume. Anyone know how to fix that?

Last edited:

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hi wusel,
I have the same problem than you. I'm not able to make the subtitles work as expected.
I hope someone can help us here.

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Ok, I think I solve the problem:
In MePo: Choose MPC-HC as subtitle engines and the key point is to choose "Subtitles will be auto loaded by language preference".
Then my "advanced" settings in LAV Splitter are correctly interpreted, for example I use:
fr:fr|f, en:fr
which means that only french forced subtitles will be auto loaded if audio is french,
and french subtitles will be auto loaded if audio is english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom