LAV Audio Settings Problems (1 Viewer)

ofird

Portal Pro
January 8, 2011
For some reason I cannot get anything besides PCM using LAV audio filters (Mp 1.4 and LAV 0.58)
I have a reciver which supports all formats (pioneer vsx 421) and a 5.1 speaker setup,
And just to make sure - with Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder in mp config, it all works flawlesly and shows "DTS" on my reciver as expected.

I have tried all selections (such as bitstreaming, conversion, mixing) and followed the WIKI http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...3_Plugins/LAV_Filters/LAV_Audio_Configuration closely, but still cannot get it to work for DTS, DD, AC3, etc.

The only way it works is PCM when the bitstreaming isnt selected at all !

Anyone has the same issue?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

To get bitstream, we need to check all boxes bitstreams format section and not use MPAR but direct sound device, and then it should work.
    Post your log for analyse :)

ofird

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2011
    Thanks
    I did check all checkboxes (over and over again), also I have my HDMI selected as the sound device
    I even tried ONCE WITH MPAR due to some guide here but it didnt work.

Which logs shall I add, the mediaportal log dir?

ofird

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2011
    HDMI of course :)
    I will share a screenshot and the logs later
    Did anyone succeed to get dts and other formats with lav via HDMI to their receiver?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

ofird

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2011
    Hi,

To get bitstream, we need to check all boxes bitstreams format section and not use MPAR but direct sound device, and then it should work.
    Post your log for analyse :)

Sebastiii - you are the man!
    when I selected Directsound:HDMI instead of just HDMI it worked!

how is that possible? isnt it the same audio output?

DevF

January 31, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having the same issue. There are no bitstream options in the lav settings. 'm using MP 1.6.0 and lav 0.59.1. I have it on direct sound decoder. Still getting PCM only. Any thoughts?

Edit: I was in the LAV video section, not the audio section, checking all bitstream options fixed my problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom