LAV filter setup help (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
I'm probably missing something basic, but are we supposed to be able to use LAV filters as a codec in MediaPortal? I installed LAV Filters 0.50.5 but it hasn't shown up in MediaPortal configurations under Codecs and Renderer -- under h264 video decoder for instance I only have Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm probably missing something basic, but are we supposed to be able to use LAV filters as a codec in MediaPortal? I installed LAV Filters 0.50.5 but it hasn't shown up in MediaPortal configurations under Codecs and Renderer -- under h264 video decoder for instance I only have Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.

You have to install the 32bit (x86) Version of LAVF! =)

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009

You have to install the 32bit (x86) Version of LAVF! =)

And I thought I was being efficient by not installing the 32 bit version... thanks! So the x64 version isn't supported in MediaPortal now?

Hmm I noticed my audio passthrough doesn't seem to be working yet, but that might be because I haven't installed the videocard driver yet for the HDMI audio. Update: I wasn't getting it in MPC-HC because I needed to enable SPDIF pass through in its options. Pass through seems to be working in MediaPortal (I'm not sure how it's configured though)

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pass through seems to be working in MediaPortal (I'm not sure how it's configured though)

Passthrough (Bitstreaming) you have to configure in your audio decoder settings. (LAV Audio Decoder I assume?)

See:
    step5part02.png

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    Passthrough (Bitstreaming) you have to configure in your audio decoder settings. (LAV Audio Decoder I assume?)

Right, but what part of the MediaPortal configuration specifies the use of LAV Audio Decoder? Under Codecs and Renderer I see LAV Video Decoder but not for the audio.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right, but what part of the MediaPortal configuration specifies the use of LAV Audio Decoder? Under Codecs and Renderer I see LAV Video Decoder but not for the audio.

There also should be "MPEG/AC3 audio decoder". =)
    Like here:
    =VideoCodecs.png

Last edited:

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009

There also should be "MPEG/AC3 audio decoder". =)
    Like here:
    =VideoCodecs.png

LOL, thanks for helping an almost blind user. "LAV Video Decoder" and "LAV Audio Decoder" looked very similar together, and the tab was called "Video Codecs" only which helped making them even more similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom