Layout issues (1 Viewer)

djhopps

Portal Member
December 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

1st time poster :)

I love the Moving Pictures plugin, but I have a problem with my installation. Rather than it looking like the conventional way moving pics should look, my thumbnail view looks like the attached - any ideas what could be wrong? I've tried copying over the moving pics dll again, but it doesn't make any difference. The thumbs are way too big, there's no center 'highlighted' movie and the way it's presented is different

I am using the Monochrome 2.0 skin and the latest moving pictures plugin .

Thanks in advance! Cheers, Dave.

Attachments

• movingpics.JPG
    movingpics.JPG
    651.7 KB

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    i think you're using the monochrome xml files instead of the default.
    personally i like the monochrome look better but if you just redownload the package and copy the skin files over it should go back to default

djhopps

Portal Member
    December 15, 2008
    Home Country
    i think you're using the monochrome xml files instead of the default.
    personally i like the monochrome look better but if you just redownload the package and copy the skin files over it should go back to default
    Thanks for the pointer, but it hasn't made any difference I'm afraid. I've just reapplied the Monochrome skin (latest version) and no go......

However! I've just noticed that the layout reflected on the official forum thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...te-moving-pictures-public-beta-0-6-2-a-48802/ ) is now exactly the same as mine! Weird - I'm pretty sure it wasn't before....... I wanted mine to look like the screenshots at moving-pictures - Google Code .

I wonder which way is the correct intended way?!

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well, the looks are defined by the skin. The images you've found on the project page are taken from the default 16x9 skinfiles. They are there when your skin does not support moving pictures, so you can still use the plugin. However, when your skinfile does provide support for the plugin, it will define the look...
    When you take a look at xface, aeon, streamedMP and many others, they provide support, but layout like it fits their skin.
    Hth

djhopps

Portal Member
    December 15, 2008
    Home Country
    well, the looks are defined by the skin. The images you've found on the project page are taken from the default 16x9 skinfiles. They are there when your skin does not support moving pictures, so you can still use the plugin. However, when your skinfile does provide support for the plugin, it will define the look...
    When you take a look at xface, aeon, streamedMP and many others, they provide support, but layout like it fits their skin.
    Hth
    Ok, thanks for the info. I will have a mess around with the default skins. Cheers, Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom