LCD over HDMI won't turn off (1 Viewer)

gitarringa

December 21, 2008
Hi! :)

I have a dual monitor setup with one screen over DVI and the new 1080p LCD over HDMI. Everything (except one thing) is working just fine and I love MP. Btw, great work you guys are doing here!

I had MP running on the dvi screen before when I only had that screen and the monitor would shut off after blanking it. (Settings: Screensaver-Blank the screen / General-Turn off monitor when blanking screen)

Now I got this new LCD monitor, which I connect over HDMI (this is the only possible setup with my video card). All is working great wouldn't it be for the turning the monitor off: After the Idle time the screen is blanked for a second, but then it won't turn off, instead it will show me a blue screen with a notice "HDMI NO SIGNAL"

If anybody knows of a solution for this please tell me. It would be a perfect world if I could get my LCD to turn off.

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: XFactor
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
TV1: ASUS VH222H
TV1 - HTPC Connection: HDMI
TV2: Samsung 2032BW
TV2 - HTPC Connection: DVI

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't think there is one, sorry. I am in the same situation since moving from VGA to HDMI, I don't think it is a feature of the HDMI specification but can't be sure. If anyone else can think of a way of making it work then there's 2 of us all ears!

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I think it's the TV that should power off by itself once HDMI signal is not present. Mine does shut down, but only after a minute or two, until it powers off you can see "NO HDMI SIGNA DETECTED" or sothing like that,

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I think it's the TV that should power off by itself once HDMI signal is not present. Mine does shut down, but only after a minute or two, until it powers off you can see "NO HDMI SIGNA DETECTED" or sothing like that,

That is TV dependent, but the OP is referring to actually sending the monitor into standby via the PC, which is possible on VGA at least but not apparently HDMI.

gitarringa

December 21, 2008
    That is TV dependent, but the OP is referring to actually sending the monitor into standby via the PC, which is possible on VGA at least but not apparently HDMI.

Yes excactly. It is also possible if the monitor is connected via DVI.

Just not over HDMI. So I suspect a "turn off signal" not to go through when connected via HDMI.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Correct.
    My projector even has a setting for this: display screensaver or turn off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom