LCD plugin, programmer needed. (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
I'm using an Ahanix VFD, and they supply LCD smartie with the hardware.

I have now discovered that development of LCD smartie has been taken up by some other people, and it's now open source.

What's interesting is, that plugins exist for both Meedio and Sage TV. So maybe one of you skilled programmers could easily make a MP plugin??

I'm only a web programmer myself, but since LCD smartie already supports so many LCDs/VFDs, has plenty of features and already developed plugins, it shouldn't be too hard to make a MP plugin.

Here is a demo source code for a plugin DLL

Here's the LCD smartie homepage: http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/

M

mysticwhiskey

Rybber said:
I'm using an Ahanix VFD, and they supply LCD smartie with the hardware.

I have now discovered that development of LCD smartie has been taken up by some other people, and it's now open source.

What's interesting is, that plugins exist for both Meedio and Sage TV. So maybe one of you skilled programmers could easily make a MP plugin??

I'm only a web programmer myself, but since LCD smartie already supports so many LCDs/VFDs, has plenty of features and already developed plugins, it shouldn't be too hard to make a MP plugin.

Here is a demo source code for a plugin DLL

Here's the LCD smartie homepage: http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/

If I recall correctly, I think that MediaPortal still requires some changes to enable reporting of the current state (eg are we playing TV, if so what channel, etc) so that an LCD/VFD can output the required data. Until then, we can only wait. I have a VFD (Noritake GU128x32) and have made a utility to output data to it so I'm keen to see what happens regarding the ability to report on the current MP state.

Ryan

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
Ahh, so MP doesn't publish datafeeds like Meedio do. Too bad, this could really improve the HTPC experience.

Hopefully they're working on it :)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
mysticwhiskey said:
If I recall correctly, I think that MediaPortal still requires some changes to enable reporting of the current state (eg are we playing TV, if so what channel, etc) so that an LCD/VFD can output the required data. Until then, we can only wait. I have a VFD (Noritake GU128x32) and have made a utility to output data to it so I'm keen to see what happens regarding the ability to report on the current MP state.

Ryan

Really? I've managed to get the current MP state alright for the web interface that I'm working on. Maybe you're needing more info that I am, but I can send you the code that I have now to determine firstly, the type of media playing, secondly the description, and thirdly the duration if applicable.

Sam

A

Anonymous

samuel337 said:
Really? I've managed to get the current MP state alright for the web interface that I'm working on. Maybe you're needing more info that I am, but I can send you the code that I have now to determine firstly, the type of media playing, secondly the description, and thirdly the duration if applicable.
Yes, that's right. It is possible to retrieve some info. But we're looking for a more holistic approach: a standard interface that enables every plugin to send data to a/any client.
This way not only media info can be shown, but also weather, menus, mail status, tv channel, ...

M

MadAxeMan

The only problem with LCD Smartie is that AFAIK it doesn't work with the new USB VFD supplied with the Silverstone LC10M cases (iMon). iMon will (apparently) supply info on how to write a VFD plugin for their iMon VFD app. I have contacted them for information regarding this.

The iMon App is actually pretty good and I have thought of a workaround to get it displaying Media Portal info even if they don't front up with an API/SDK.

What would people like to see displayed on the VFD? I can think of a number of pieces of info I'd like to toggle between:

1) My TV: Current program and upcoming program info
2) My TV: Scheduled recording list
3) Generic: Date/Time, Weather, News
4) My DVD: Title, IMDB info
5) My DVD: Play position

etc etc. It would be good to compile a definitive list for such a generic interface.

S

simpledivx

iMon support

Hi MaxAxeMan,

My List would be :

1) Audio info when playing audio file :
1ste line scrolling -> "Artist - Title"
2nd line -> "TYPE current time / total time"
Where TYPE = the extension (like ogg/mp3/wav)

2) Video info when playing video file :
1ste line scrolling -> "Title"
2nd line -> "TYPE current time / total time"
Where TYPE = the extension (like avi/mkv/ogm/mpeg/vob)

These are the most important things to write i guess.
But without a sdk or api from IMON, this is very difficult.

(BTW do you know how to register on the imon-forum ???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom