LCD support (1 Viewer)

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
Hi,

I think you have already planned to support the output to an LCD or VFD.
I have a suggestion, how to do this:
Put all the data for LCD-output to an shared memory segment. Or send it out as window messages.
So people can implement plugins for existing LCD-Software. Such as LCDHype or jaLCDs.
So you dont have to do all the interface stuff and everyone can put to the LCD, what he want. I think, this is the easiest way.

Maybe the better way is to use shared memory.
If have written an plugin for LCDHype to get data from ZoomPlayer. ZoomPlayer sends out window messages. Was not so easy to create this plugin. Shared Memory is much easier.

It would also be nice, to get some menu data out of mediaportal. Actual screen, where we are; Actual selected menu point; something like that. So one could do some kind of navigation through the LCD without having the TV-Set on.

I hope You know what I mean.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yep, i know what you mean.
    dont worry. LCD will be supported
    think we should use a plugin system here
    so ppl can choose what method they use
    (windows messages, shared mem or...)
    frodo

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe you can share some info on LCD's & PC's ?
    I think more ppl will be interested in this topic
    so it would be nice if we knew
    - what kind of LCD's are available
    - what software do you need for it
    - where to buy / or build your own
    Frodo

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    frodo said:
    yep, i know what you mean.
    dont worry. LCD will be supported
    think we should use a plugin system here
    so ppl can choose what method they use
    (windows messages, shared mem or...)
    frodo

Still interested in this.

Since there are quite a few msi mega users in this forum, it would be perfect if you could bring up information on the LCD.

O.K. The original LCD cannot be used because it seems to be especially designed, but maybe it can be replaced with another one to show really helpful information.

Just wanted to bring the thread up once again.

tomtom21000

P.S.: There is the information thread from Schrauber: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50&highlight=lcd

A

Anonymous

Replying just to let you know there are more of us out there who is interested in this feature 8)

Is this feature still considered, or is it on a very low priority. For people with a HTPC connected to a projector, this feature is very valuable, since the startup time is much longer than for a TV. But I guess it would be very nice otherwise as well if you now have the LCD.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    tomtom21000 I agree with you about there being a lot of MSI MEGA users out there with in-built LCD screens.....and i know that the PC ALERT 4 application for MSI MEGA users sends out CPU temp, SYS temp, CPU fan speed, SYS fan speed messages to the LCD screen.....

im wondering if this can be done to display messages on the LCD screen during MediaPortal.....like MP3 song titles, video time/time left, system time, mute, volume level...etc the list of possibilites just goes on and on.....

can this be done easily?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom