LCDSmartie plugin (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
lugiber said:
It works for me with mediaportal 0.1.0.10. Try this command:

$dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#currentmodule,)

You can do it that way, but I also need to change my code. I can just use the output from #currentmodule. But I didn't like the format of the titles. for example if you go into the EPG Guide you get a "/" showing the level you have gone down to. This makes some of the names too long for a 16 character screen, so I put in my own. Also the main screen just shows "Home" which I didn't really like.

Edit: I'm looking for help with the MP source code again. Is there a generic function that will retrieve data from the correct strings.xml given an ID ?

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Hi everyone,
    I'm very happy to see that this plugin has finally come out :)
    I've tried it, but I have some problems: I was already using LCDSmarties since I have a 2x16 VDF and I've installed everything as described in the Wiki guide.
    I can see functions 3 and 4 working (strings are displayed on vdf) and also 1 and 2 as actions, but when I try function 5, with one of the functions mentioned in this thread, nothing is coming out :(
    I'm using MP 0.1.0.9, do I miss something?
    Thanks a lot for helping and for having developed such a plugin!

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    archimede said:
    I can see functions 3 and 4 working (strings are displayed on vdf) and also 1 and 2 as actions, but when I try function 5, with one of the functions mentioned in this thread, nothing is coming out :(
    I'm using MP 0.1.0.9, do I miss something?
    Thanks a lot for helping and for having developed such a plugin!

Well it looks like it's working, so my guess would be the exact syntax you are using for function5. Could you copy and paste the string that your are using. At the moment it is case sensitive and must not have any quotes around param1. So for example:

$dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,5,#currentmodule,)

would display the name of the active window.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    A new version has been released. This now allows more information to be extracted from MediaPortal. I have also included the source in the zip file for anyone who is interested.

function6 is the main addition. This allows you to query MP to find out more about what is currently happening. The param1 value is actually an enum from g_Player and can return some boolean values to determine what type of content is being played/viewed.

function7 is pretty basic at the moment. The idea was to put screen specific output here that can be alternated between what is playing and what you are doing in MP. For example if you are playing Tetris with music playing in the background and the the 'cycle' mode on, it will alternate between the track data and the tetris data. The delay time is specified in the action that uses function1

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    Another release already, nice!
    Could you post some info in how to use then new variables.
    I tried $dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,7,0,0) and got nothing so i guess i am using the variable wrong.
    I'm also having trouble with function6, how do i get info out of it i have tried:
    6,0,0 6,1,0 6,2,0 but i'm sure i can get more info out of g_player.
    Sorry about my stupid questions.

###Edit
    Ok, i found that 6,3,0 returns a 1 if video is played and 6,4,0 returns 1 if music is played (but only if you use windows media player).

Also if you use the 6,*,* to switch screens it will cause lcdsmartie to lock/hang if you are not running mediaportal.

###Edit

/Peter

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    @AllenConquest:

I first tried with the ones in the LCDSmarties config file (13 and 14), without any change and, as I wrote, the 2 strings in 13 are working (MP detection and current date & time), but the 2 strings in 14 are not giving any result.
    After that I just tried some other params as param1 for the statement you gave, but still nothing.

Can it be that I need MP 0.1.0.10 to have it running and 0.1.0.9 is not enough?
    Unfortunately I haven't got time to install the new release, because I need almost one day to configure everything again (tv, radio, and so on...)!

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    lugiber said:
    Another release already, nice!
    Could you post some info in how to use then new variables.
    I tried $dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,7,0,0) and got nothing so i guess i am using the variable wrong.
    I'm also having trouble with function6, how do i get info out of it i have tried:
    6,0,0 6,1,0 6,2,0 but i'm sure i can get more info out of g_player.
    Sorry about my stupid questions./Peter
    Don't worry about asking questions. I've updated the wiki page so take a look there. But for function6 you need to specify param1 as on of the g_player enums. So for example you can use $dll(LCDMediaPortal.dll,6,Playing,0) to determine if something is playing. There are others that will allow you to determine what type of thing MP is doing.

function7 is very limited. It will basically only output anything when you are playing tetris or viewing pictures. All the other data comes from function4. I'm not sure how to develop function7. It might disappear in the future unless I can find more to do with it.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    archimede said:
    @AllenConquest:

I first tried with the ones in the LCDSmarties config file (13 and 14), without any change and, as I wrote, the 2 strings in 13 are working (MP detection and current date & time), but the 2 strings in 14 are not giving any result.
    After that I just tried some other params as param1 for the statement you gave, but still nothing.

Can it be that I need MP 0.1.0.10 to have it running and 0.1.0.9 is not enough?
    Unfortunately I haven't got time to install the new release, because I need almost one day to configure everything again (tv, radio, and so on...)!
    I have tested it on 0.1.0.9 and it worked for me. So that shouldn't be the problem. As I said before, can you paste in the exact string you are using that is not working. At the moment I'm still unclear exactly what is not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom