Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP Deluxe card supported in late cvs? (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    And you tried it using Mpeg2dec Filter / Dscaler Mpeg2 Video decorder and MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder combos?

cfg

Portal Member
    February 7, 2006
    Now (after mediaportal-cvs-02-12-2006--12-15.zip) I don't get the error when I click edit in setup-television-capture card. But when I click add I get the error ones (before mediaportal-cvs-02-12-2006--12-15.zip twice). There are no new options in the Video/audio codec listbox.
    In MP the TV goes on but only in black and white. Switching channels don't work.
    I have uninstalled and installed the PVR after mediaportal-cvs-02-12-2006--12-15.zip installation.
    Mediaportal.log after setup: http://mp.pastebin.com/551327
    Mediaportal.log after MP: http://mp.pastebin.com/551328

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The logs look fine.

What do you mean only black & white?
    Sounds like the country format settings are not correct.

DMAN

cfg

Portal Member
    February 7, 2006
    Yes, with the correct country settings I've color tv and I can switch channels.
    But the picture is very very slow and out of sync with the audio. Sounds like the processor is too slow, or?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    cfg said:
    Yes, with the correct country settings I've color tv and I can switch channels.
    But the picture is very very slow and out of sync with the audio. Sounds like the processor is too slow, or?

Yes it does which is odd.

Here are some tips which may help...

1. If you are doing any FFDShow post processing turn it off.
    2. Try a commercial MPEG-2 decoder and make sure DxVA & HWMC are turned on for it. (Recommended codec for ATI chipsets is Intervideo from WinDVD 7).
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=682
    3. Configure your PVR applications encoding settings to be less stressful.
    i.e. Try Constant Bitrate vs Variable Bitrate if you have that option or just reduce the quality.
    4. In the GUI under Settings->Screen Calib-> Scroll Speed - set the Max fps to 25fps.

If your P4 is dual core capable - ensure it is turned on in the BIOS.

DMAN

cfg

Portal Member
    February 7, 2006
    The last tips did small improvements, but not enough...
    New hardware seems to be the solution for me.
    Thanks DMAN for your help.

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I had the same problem as cfg.
    Thank you cfg and dman. I did all you said ! It looked like it could solve my problem...but :
    in the GUI/tv i can only see a black screen or a snapshot of the first image captured depending all the filters i tried. If i trie to use fullscreen, it says "no signal".
    It is very odd because in configuration autotune works fine ! I can see tv "moving" normally !
    Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom