Leadtek winfasttv2000 xp - unable to create graph (have read support) (1 Viewer)

iroczvinnie

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
Hi I am new to media portal, though have read all the documentation I could find to resolve this problem, including searching these forums.

When I run MP and click TV I receive the error "unable to create graph"

I followed the software card setup:

I have checked to see that the Leadtek winfast tv 2000 XP card is supported

I have installed Intervideo DVR 3 for mpeg for encoder support / codecs etc.

I have confirmed using graphEdit that Intervideo encoder is installed

I can confirm that my other TV software works fine.

On a side note, the FM radio doesn't work in MP either (though it works fine using other software)

I Hope this problem can be resolved.

I attach my error and configuration log files.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo 0.2.1.0
Windows Version: xp home version 5.1 build 2600 SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 2.8Ghz
HDD: Maxtor 40gig
Memory: 1gig
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Intel 82865G graphics contoller
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.4332
Sound Card: Realtek AC7 audio
Sound Card AC3: standard
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5170
1. TV Card: Leadtek winfasttv2000 xp
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: 5.13.1.279
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: inervideo encoder winDVR 3
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

iroczvinnie

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
I have now reinstalled the PVR application and I can now see and program he TV etc

However the TV seems to be dropping frames and the audio is out of sync. Additionally MP is very slow and extremely unresponsive to any commands when running the TV.

I have tried adjusting various settings in the TV setup without any improvement.

From using "shift 1" I watched about 40seconds of TV I am getting about 13fps, drawn 1094, dropped 992, sync about mid 70s. This doesn't seem right.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

iroczvinnie

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
Hi

Thanks for responding.

CPU with TV on is running about 85%.

I also double checked that I have the latest drivers for my tv card and latest PVR software

From further reading on the forums I have also checked that the directx option is on ( but it seems to work better when off??)

I have tried different codecs (intervideo on the lowest encoder settings etc) as well as the nero, leadtek, and default codecs, but this hasn't made any difference.

I have also tried adjusting various other settings in the TV configuration, but this made no difference.

Any ideas?

mckzoo

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
UK - Cheltenham
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Leadtek 2000 XP Deluxe - No Video

Hi, I've read your thread and would like to comment that I've gone through much the same setup and am also having problems. I've been running Winfast PVR ok for many months now and have only recently installed MP. It scans the channels OK and picks up the audio OK but NO Video. I've used Graphedit to look for a Video Codec but can't see any mentioned. How do I go about finding/loading the correct codec for Winfast. I think I need to get this done before going any further.

Can anyone help here

Thanks

iroczvinnie

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
In my setup, the TV card will show video using the defult codecs provided with MP, as well as a few others.

Have you tried installing the intervideo codecs?

Also I have rechecked my CPU percentage and it seems to be at 100%.

I'm not having too much success getting it to work satisfactorly and from reading lots of other threads, software decoding/encoding cards such as this one don't seem to perform that well with this software.

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I have been helping another MP user in setting up his WinFast card. In doing so I found what I think is a mistake in the CaptureCardDefinitions entry for his card. I see that there are many versions of this card in that file. I have not checked all of them, but they may all have the same mistake.

Please try my fix to see if helps:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=105031&postcount=22

Feedback on this would be appreciated.

Paul

iroczvinnie

Portal Member
December 17, 2006
Home Country
Hello,

I have been helping another MP user in setting up his WinFast card. In doing so I found what I think is a mistake in the CaptureCardDefinitions entry for his card. I see that there are many versions of this card in that file. I have not checked all of them, but they may all have the same mistake.

Please try my fix to see if helps:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=105031&postcount=22

Feedback on this would be appreciated.

Paul

Hi Sorry for my ignorance - what do we need to check to see if we have the mistake you are referring to?

If we do have this error, I'm not sure what to do with the "code" on the page you linked to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom