Leaving MediaPortal (for now) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I feel your pain Khris. I purchased SageTV 4 last year because MP was having such dreadful ATSC issues. At this time, SageTV is a far, FAR superior product as a PVR. The Guide, recordings, comskip, and everything TV just works great with SageTV.

It's just that everything else in SageTV is way below par, IMHO.

I don't watch much TV, in fact we don't have cable or satellite service, I just get OTA channels. Admittedly, MP still has issues, most notably Audio/Video Sync with AC3 and the horrific Guide (we ATSC users have to use xmlTV and Zap2it), which never really configures properly. I only tried to use MP to record Grey's Anatomy a few times. Once using the guide and once setting up a manual recording. It didn't work either time.

MP has a long way to go to achieve SageTV or BeyondTV performance as a PVR, but it eclipses those easily as a Media Center.

I use it primarily as a Media Center and try to devote some ti me and effort to ATSC testing.

instead of purchasing beyond media, grab a pirated version off of a torrent site, and donate the money you would have spent , to the MP project.

Please refrain from posting ridiculous bullshit like this in the future. The developers of BeyondTV deserve your money if you use the software.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    stinger said:
    "Then I wonder what can be the difference My setup work perfectly and yours doesnt. The program is the same on both boxes but the the difference are the hardware.

As everyone knows (but perhaps you don't) everything works 100% in theory, yet hardly ever 100% in practical applicaion.

It's great that MP works for you, but it doesn't for me, so stop blaming it on my hardware as I know for a fact it works. BeyondTV actually does timeshifting without hesitation using my WinFast TV2000XP Software Card......MP has issues. Right there that's enough of an attraction for me.

MP usually crashed when compressing to WMV, nevermind the horrible quality of the WMV files once it did compress them.

As I've said NUMEROUS times now, I have nothing against MP, however it no longer provides what I'm needing out of an HTPC.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All is said, I think. Thread closed. (I removed the bad words in one of the above posts.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom