Left aligned Fanart / Monochrome (1 Viewer)

Clean

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those that use Left aligned fanart with the Monochrome skin here is a change to the 2.5 version that will display the Season/Episode info on the right side. First, install the Monochrome 2.5 skin per its instructions then copy the xml files to the skin\Monochrome directory and the .png files into the skin\Monochrome\Media directory. Make backups of the originals if you like. Let me know if there is an interest in doing this with Indigo and I will see what I can do.

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    580.2 KB
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    675 KB
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    770.1 KB
  • TvSeries - Chrome.rar
    30.6 KB

R300

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice work on the left aligned fanart.:)

How much editing did it require?

I would like to do something with Indigo but rather than the left aligned I would like to have all info panels on the bottom so more fanart is visible.

Any tips you could give would be welcomed. :D

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Nice work on the left aligned fanart.:)

How much editing did it require?

I would like to do something with Indigo but rather than the left aligned I would like to have all info panels on the bottom so more fanart is visible.

Any tips you could give would be welcomed. :D

Thanks. I guess I spent the most time on this just learning what everything was. I took screenshots of the three TVSeries screens, put them in photoshop and used the grid lines to figure out what x,y coords certain things started at and then looked for them in the TVSeries.xml file. For the most part that is all I did, was move the x,y coords for the fields that Psycho Reptile already had in the skin. All total it was about three hours (learning time included). As for tips, remember that the xml uses coords on a 1366x768 grid, not 1920x1080. A good dual pane file utility (I use Total Commander) is a big help because you have to delete the cache each time you change something. Keep a safe backup of the original. <type>fadelabel</type> is great for small areas. If you don't know what a block does, move it and see what happens. Psycho Reptile's xml is pretty well blocked so you know what sections you are in. Look through his for tips and tricks. Having a text label repeat itself but one pixel off is great for shadowing text, just remember the shadow gets printed first. And don't forget the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. Compare the original with mine and you will see how to add things and use them in the TVSeries.xml.

Lastly, the biggest thing I learned was I have no idea how Psycho Reptile was able to put out three or four TVSeries.xml files for each skin with every update.

ocean55

Portal Member
    May 13, 2006
    Outerspace
    Thank you very much for this Clean!
    It looks great and I use monochrome almost exclusively...

One thing though....I have copied the files into my directory as instructed, but I sill have the faded grey bar across the middle of the image and a smaller bar across the top...
    I was wondering if you could describe how to get rid of them...

Thanks again!
    -=O=-

Attachments

• lost.jpg
      lost.jpg
      366.4 KB

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    That is the old "fanart_overlay_window.png" in the skin\Monochrome\Media directory. The two .png files need to go into the \Media directory, then delete the cache and everything will be fine.

slope

Portal Member
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi guys.

I am very interested for the Left aligned Fanart / Monochrome. Exists for Monochrome 2.6 skin?

Regards
    Slope
    :D

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I will take a look and see what I can put up. Gimme a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom