LG Remote control - Volume buttons control other things (1 Viewer)

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
Not sure if this has been asked before, as I can't seem to search for LG (too short).

Basically, I bought a new LG 3D LCD (LED Backlit) tv. Unfortunately, the volume control buttons control things on Mediaportal too. If I come out of Mediaportal, it would appear that the volume controls are also controlling cursor keys. Try as I might, I cannot find out how to 'unmap' buttons in Windows. I use Windows 7, and also have the latest version of IRSS. I have 'disabled windows default mappings' or whatever it is, but this doesn't help.

Any help or ideas would be fantastic, thanks.

doctor64

Portal Member
December 6, 2009
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
Which remote control receiver you have in your HTPC?
Please, start Debug client, connect to your IRSS server, press buttons on remote which incorrectly work (you should see key codes in debug client window) and post it here - may be i can give some help.

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this. I'm using an Aopen eHome PC which I believe uses a standard eHome Transceiver (it uses the MS drivers and came with a standard MS Remote).

I am using a UK Sky HD remote, with the volume buttons programmed to the same as the LG TV remote. The TV volume controls do control the TV volume, but it also controls the computer as it uses the following codes (volume up, then volume down):

Received Message: "RemoteEvent, Notify"
Microsoft MCE (8256)

Microsoft MCE (8384)

I hope this makes sense. If you need any further information, please let me know.
Thanks again.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I think you are just unlucky: your TV use a infrared freq. range that is the same as your MCE receiver. I can only suggest to test with another receiver and see if you can get rid of this issue.

Simone

doctor64

Portal Member
    December 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    No. many new TV have RC6 compatible remotes. For example, my not-so-new Samsung LCD tv remote send codes which can be viewed in IRSS debug monitor. for volume up/down
    Microsoft MCE (57568)

Microsoft MCE (57552)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom