Libbluray to play BD-J discs (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been staring at this webpage and trying to understand if it can serve as at least a temporary solution to the Blu Ray java-disc menu issue, but it is outside of my technical comprehension.

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

I've downloaded the files and using the preview-player bundled in the download I can actually get menus on java-discs, but I can't for the life of me figure out how (if at all) I can use this to play the same discs with menus in MediaPortal. Any chance one of our brighter lights can assist?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    BD-J (libbluray) need a lot of work to be fully usable but still some BD-J works.
    I have include the Tourettes work into my own build for testing so i can tell that it need improvement but already a very good start.
    There is some issue about JAVA so basically, we can run only one BD-J (if handled) and need to close MP if we want to start a second BD-J.
    It because JAVA is not closed correctly etc.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BD-J (libbluray) need a lot of work to be fully usable but still some BD-J works.
    I have include the Tourettes work into my own build for testing so i can tell that it need improvement but already a very good start.
    There is some issue about JAVA so basically, we can run only one BD-J (if handled) and need to close MP if we want to start a second BD-J.
    It because JAVA is not closed correctly etc.

I get this issue with physical blurays without using the java, won't see the disk if i watch one then swap for another until i reboot/restart MP, i put it down to a "glitch" in passkey..

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure to follow you or i'm not fully wakeup :)
    The non BD-J blu-ray should work before than before because there is more fix than current MP release :)
    In fact we need good dev on Java to help hp1 (libbluray dev).

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    The non BD-J blu-ray should work before than before because there is more fix than current MP release :)

i've just upgraded to 1.5 and the same effect as before, if i watch a blu-ray thru MP (no external player) then eject it and put another in, the "new" disk will not play until i have restarted MP/rebooted.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

i've just upgraded to 1.5 and the same effect as before, if i watch a blu-ray thru MP (no external player) then eject it and put another in, the "new" disk will not play until i have restarted MP/rebooted.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On normal BD (HDMV), i can start many in the same MP session.
    So it seems something goes wrong maybe with a codec or something so need full debug log for analyse :)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This may be a stupid question, but how did you incorporate Libluray? All this github stuff is a bit outside of my comfort zone?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    On normal BD (HDMV), i can start many in the same MP session.
    So it seems something goes wrong maybe with a codec or something so need full debug log for analyse :)
    Ah not so for me, very strange system shows no other issues (well apart from a issue with the new dvbt-2 card)
    ummm, are you using passkey to decrypt the disk?
    Sorry for late reply been busy with very poorly wife

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom