[solved] - Library view and filters

Discussion in 'General' started by sridharb, February 1, 2019.

1. sridharb

sridharb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    India India
    Could you please post some screenshots of the library view sorted by actor for e.g.?

Either it is not working for me the way you describe it, or I am not using it correctly.

I have been reporting problems with importer in MP2. Unfortunately, it has not gotten much traction. Currently, with "don't download anything from the internet", I see no images.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,293 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Sure, but I can only show it for audio, as I deactivated to download actor infos for series and movies. For me it's personally senseless to filter them by actor, because actors are not a criteria before watching for me.

In below screenshots I go to audio screen, filter for artists and see a list of alphabetically listed artists. Then I select one artist and I see the list of audio tracks from this artist, again alphabetically sorted. But you can modify it with the sorting filter again to what you want.
    artists.jpg artists2.jpg

Again: Without log files nobody can know, why there are no images.

4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    As an example - movies filtered by actors. First selection "Alan Rickman", then clicking on it gives you all the stored movies where he's been acting.

Movies-Actors.jpg Movies-Actors 2.jpg

5. sridharb

sridharb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    India India
    Thank you ge2301 and HTPCSourcer. There is a problem with my setup - I had been playing with a updated FanArt plugin that Broward had created to fix some OOM (out of memory) errors. When this didn't solve the problem that I had at that time, I didn't put back the old plug-ins. So, without a FanArt plugin, it doesn't show any images. Is that the correct behavior? Shouldn't FanArt be optional and the movie poster etc. be the definitive item displayed?

I am reimporting, but am running into the OOM errors. So, it is going slow. Will update after it is completed.

6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Well, yes of course. You can’t expect MP2 to function without the respective software pieces. Probably immediately visible in the logs.

7. sridharb

sridharb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    India India
    Ok, my bad. Immediately visible in the sense that FanArt was not in the plugin list at startup, but no "errors" per se. Simply no images. Unexpected.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!