Lifeview Digimatrix Capture card and RC3 (1 Viewer)

virgus

March 18, 2006
First of all I would like to thank the developers team for what seems the best HTPC software now available.

I just upgraded to RC3 and the capture card working in version RC2 is not recognized anymore. Any suggestion on how to make it work?

Another request (to be put in the wishlist) is to be able to make upgrades without having to deinstall and reinstall the whole package (at least for minor upgrades).

Thanks again,
V.

virgus

March 18, 2006
Hi PD, thanks for your reply..
I followed the link you posted to setup my digimatrix on RC2 and everything worked fine but after upgrading to RC3 no card was detected (both the lifeview min PCI and the Artec DVB-T usb card). Both were detected in RC2, so I guess it's something related to RC3. I also tried with no success to change the capturecard xml file with the one of RC2... I guess I'll have to wait for next release.
Anyway any suggestion will be appreciated :)
V.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Using the support template & posting your mediaportal.log spring to mind...

DMAN

VincentC

May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Digimatrix - black screen

I just installed MP on my digimatrix.
    When configuring the TV, the scan discovers the analog cable channels and I get the sound, but when I try to watch the TV, I just get a black screen with the sound and MP stop working (hang)

I didn't find the tv tuner card in the list of supported cards, but saw various posts refering to Digimatrix plug-ins (for remote controls, for fm tuner, ...) so I supposed that some people got it working, and also found some sites about Digimatrix recommanding MP instead of the uggly Asus Theater (DiGiMatrix Unofficial Website - Mediaportal plugins)

In this post, I found a link for the setup of MP on digimatrix (http://wiki.elsewhat.com/MediaPortal_setup_on_the_Digimatrix) but that link doesn't work anymore.

:confused: My questions:
    - has anyone a clue why the tv tuner gives a black screen (and MP hangs) and what could be changed in the configuration to make it working ?
    - has anyone tips on how to install MP properly on a DigiMatrix ?

Vincent

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which version of MP are you using.

Are you using the TVServer, you may need these files to work correctly.

PC specifications, if this is a software card then the requirements to run are quite high as per here :)

and this post is 3 years old, so things have changed ;)

VincentC

May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    RE: Digimatrix - black screen

Thanks for that quick reply.

The version of MP I installed is 1.0.1
    I installed it on my digimatrix as standalone (thus the TVServer is also installed on the same computer)

I'll try tonight to replace the files of the TV server by the one you, even if my TV card seems to be correctly detected.

Regarding the Tuner, it is an analog mini-PCI TV tuner card made by LifeView. I suppose it is an HW card, but I'm not sure.

:D for your help

PS: Sorry to have used an old post... I was searching for configuration of MP on Digimatrix and hoped that people having had problems with that in the past could heve been helpful for my problem

VincentC

May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    In the cache of Google, there is still some information about that card:
    Animation Technologies Inc.
    where it is said:
    "The FlyTV Platinum Mini utilizes the Philips Silicon tuner - a universal 9-bit video ADC PCI video decoder and stereo sound decoder all on a single chip."

Anyway, I'll look tonight if with your file (and maybe some more checks), I can get it working.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom