LightsOut (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

My Windows Server 2012 installation is using LightsOut for client-controlled wake-up and standby.

Under MP1 I am using the plugin LightsOutConnector to ensure that LighsOut does not kick in and interrupts recordings on the server. The plugin reads the TVServer schedules and defines LightsOut calendar entries to keep the server alive.

How would one handle the situation under MP2?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same situation here, I'd be interested in a solution, too. As long as I use MP1 TV Server the addon still works with MP2 frontend.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On second thought, I believe that LightsOut Connector should work exactly as under MP1. Therefore creating a sub-directory "LightsOut Collector" in the MP2Server\Plugins path, placing the dll there - AND hving a plugin.xml to address the dll would do the job. Howevefr, no idea how to assign a PluginId and the respective PluginReference...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should be placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins, and then enabled via SetupTV. But I have no idea if the plugin works, so please post your results.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    AND hving a plugin.xml to address the dll would do the job
    A plugin.xml is not needed for TV Server plugins as those are using the same structure like in the stand alone MP1 version of the TV Server...
    There are a few TV Server plugins that needs other files than just the dll. There it can be a bit difficult to find the right place for those files. But afaik this is not the case for the "Lights Out" plugin.

Normally the TV Server plugins simply should work. But there are a few exceptions like (sadly) the Kodi TV Server plugin. This plugin needs to "emulate" the MP1 Database handling and for this it did not work properly inside MP2

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the meantime I have been in touch with the plugin developer . While he cannot continue to work on it anymore, he is very much welcoming every initiative to adjust the current code to accommodate MP2 specifics.

The source code is publicly available under https://sourceforge.net/projects/loconnector/. The author would add interested developers as project administrators so that they can work freely on the code.

As it stands I have not yet tested MP2 under Windows Server 2012 for severe lack of time. If it works as descibed by Lehmden, then we would be immediately off and running. Something for Xmas break.

Some background explanations for those not using a server OS: LightsOut-Connector acts as a functional add-on to the LightsOut service, which controls the server power up and down dependent on the connected clients being online or not. It reads the TVServer recording schedules and adds calendar entries to the LightsOut calendar, which ensures that the server will not switch off during recordings. Without the connector you can't use LightsOut and run TVServer on the same machine.

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any news on this? I'd like to try Mp2 again, but if I use PowerScheduler, the Server will wake but go back to sleep triggered by LightsOut. Would be great if this addon could be ported to MP2, I don't want my server up and running 24/7.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin should work out of the box if installed on top of the the MP2 TVE setup. Give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom