limited cursor movement when using MCE remote (1 Viewer)

BBQ rules

Portal Member
May 23, 2006
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

I had a well functioning 0.2.0.4 setup when for some reason MP refused to start up again. I did a clean XP install and decided to go for the 0.2.1.0 version and noticed many improvements as to TV picture and movie quality on my CRT TV. One thing didn't turn out to be be an improvement for me, which is the use of the remote.

When MP autostarts when XP starts, I can only move the cursor one position forward and one position back. This means that when Basic home displays, I can move from radio to movies and back, but cannot get to TV, which is displayed top center and third in line. Mouse work fine and then there's no problem at all, but that is not why I got myself a remote.

I noticed that in the setup program, there are no buttons to be mapped in the config part for the MCE remote, could this be coincidence?

What I would like to know is if anybody is experiencing the same problem and has found a solution to this (maybe specific) problem.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rgds,
Stefan

BBQ rules

Portal Member
May 23, 2006
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MPsupport file

My support file:

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 (2006-10-21)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MS-6580 (MICRO-STAR INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 TI 4200 With Agp8x (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.9371
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

BBQ rules

Portal Member
May 23, 2006
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I re-installed the system today, I have the same problem again. If it's a skin issue, how do I get rid of it? tried Noelix' suggestion as well, did't do what I hoped for.

first thought it could have been me mixing drivers for IR, but with MS stock drivers, I have the same problem.

Hope to hear soon.

BBQ rules

Portal Member
May 23, 2006
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I partially solved the problem by refining my searches in the forums. I found a remark somewhere where switching the remote in the setup from MCe to general HID. This solved the problem for me, although it is weird that it used to work flawlessly when the MCE remote was selected.

ninken

Portal Member
December 24, 2006
[THIS IS NOT FIXED]

I’m having the exact same problem! The General HID gives it some of it’s functionally back, but you know it’s properly receiving commands.

Buttons that are still useless> [More], [Skip ] , [Replay >], [My TV], [My Music], [My Pictures], [My Videos], [Recorded TV], [Guide], [Live TV], [DVD Menu].

I’ve already have one PC setup with the using MCE Remote, on Media portal 0.2.1.0 It works flawlessly.
I’m converting a buddy Media Center PC into Media Portal, the MCE remote works fully in Media Center, but the MCE remote does not work properly with Media Portal, 0.2.1.0 and 0.2.2.0.

Does anyone know the proper fix for this?

Thanks

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom