[solved] Line at bottom of screen (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I am running MP 1.13 and while this has been going on for a long time, though that I would seek some help about it. It seems like the task bar isn't completely hidden by media portal. I tried adjusting the over scan and the position using the media portal settings to no avail. Here is a picture. You can even see where the icon for media portal is as the line is a little thinner in this spot towards the left of the screen. Anyone else having this problem? Any idea of what to do to fix? This is at the start of a movie when the screen is black. This shows the issue the best.

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Line at bottom..jpg
      Line at bottom..jpg
      2.1 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs still missing ;)

While we are at it, just an idea: What happens if you Alt-Tab between the windows? In theory there should be only one, hence it should have focus etc. but I noticed on one of my systems that this is not always the case and I sometimes still see the task bar, which would not disappear. Using Alt-Tab to cycle through the only one window (MP) makes the task bar disappear completely.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Sorry about that. Let me try again. I used media watchdog to export all logs available to generate this.

I pressed ALT-Tab and it cycles from MP to the desktop. Is this how it should work?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks - got 'em.

A couple of notes...

First, due to your log verbosity setting and the fact that you used Watchdog option 3 ("export..."), there's only one MediaPortal log file that's of any use for the reported problem. It covers 5 to 6 June.

2. Though you said that you're running MP 1.13, the log file reports MP 1.12:
    [2016-06-05 20:29:26,607] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Build: 1.12.0.0

3. You mentioned you'd tried adjusting overscan in MP settings. I'm not sure if the available log file is meant to show that, but from what I can see there was no custom calibration applied:
    [2016-06-05 20:29:52,449] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GraphicContext: NO screen calibration file found for resolution 1920x1080!

4. The DirectX diagnostic program provided by Microsoft and run by the Watchdog has reported failure to acquire system information:
    DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

That's a bad sign.

Ultimately, I can't see anything that would cause the reported problem. Right from the start it looks like MP is aware that your screen resolution is 1920x1080, and so MP sets its size accordingly.

If you want people to dig further I'd suggest you provide more information:
    1. Use the Watchdog with option 1 to collect new log files.
    2. Specify the date/time and name of the movie you play to illustrate the problem.
    3. Provide details about the video output for this system. In particular:
      • What is the vendor and model of TV you're using, and how is it connected?
      • Do you have an AV receiver? If yes, what is the vendor and model, and how is it connected?
      • Are there any other devices - for example, HDMI splitters - connected along the way?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Additionally, I'd also suggest you check that there is no scaling, over-scanning etc. enabled by the TV or any other connected device.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks so much for taking a look at the logs. I'll see about posting more info for help regarding my setup and check on the over-scanning from other components. Guess I am a little worried by "the failure to acquire system information". Will try to re-run with the don't skip but I have not chosen to bypass this info specifically.

Should I change the logging from Verbose to .....????

Also got DxDiag to run manually. Here is the output.

I also ran the watchdog using the first option.

Sorry about reporting that I was on 1.13.

Anything in these logs help with the diagnosis?

I also went into the NVIDIA display settings and selected No scaling to ensure that this isn't the issue.

UPDATE!!!

The NVIDIA settings are what were causing the problem! Thanks for the suggestion to look at settings that could be set to scale the image.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
      56.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom