Link to XMLTV guide setup please (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you. I have the XMLTV gui on my desk top. I have chosen digiguide, there is no option button, & the setting box to the right of the move up or down is greyed out. So I cannot click on it.

A puzzlement
    --- Post updated ---
    OK I suspect dumbness again on my part. I have found under settings in xmltv gui connection options tab. I have entered the digiuide web site with my password on the proxy server settings below. I notice the the timeout connection option is set at 30000 miliseconds & so is the read timeout. Should I change those? Thanks again

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    This is the error message I am getting

17:56:02 - Starting pass 1 of grabber UK_Digi
    17:56:02 - Logging In
    17:56:02 - Error downloading "www.digiguide.com/dologin?password=password" : Unknown Protocol

My password is not password, just to reassure. But the password is correct. I have also not been able to find or copy DG2XML.exe. This should have been in the zip folder download with DG2XML_skin.zip. Any ideas?

Thanks

Lacanox

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I use digiguide for windows so not sure about adding the digi website, i enter http://localhost:2402/ and my password which then scrapes the digiguide for windows web server

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    I think because i have been unable to install dg2xml that might be the issue. There is no dg2xml.exe file. So i have not been able to install dg2xml skin. I have just tried localhoast 2402 under the xmltv gui on my desktop but still no joy. Login failed. By the way when i highlite uk - Digiguide version 1.00.05, i can go to the settings button below, where i can enter the url & password, but the channels box is greyed out. So still not working, if you have further ideas please let me know.

I am very grateful for your kind help, sorry for being a pain.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    The is no exe to install it you copy the folder to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Digiguide TV Guide\schemes\server skins

Contents should be as attached

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      74.3 KB

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Ah what an eejot i am.

I will do that now. Sorry still did not work. I have put under the grabber settings: UK - Digiguide tab http://localhoast:2402/ then in the space below my password. I will now try with the name of my computer. Might that work? Well it didnt. Probably not an issue that the channels box is greyed out. Really stumped here grr

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Have you enabled the webserver in digiguide app ? you set a password for webserver and that is the password you enter in xmltv gui

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes i had enabled websever in digiguide. Yes to password. But my computer name was wrong. I corrected that & voila!

Started MP much of the bbc itv channel 4 not populated in the MP EPG yet. But i gather that can take a bit of time. I think i might be nearly there. I shall wait a while to see if the EPG in MP becomes fully populated. Then i will heave an enormous sigh.

Thank you again

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    No problem as long as you have all the channels you want epg for in digiguide gui and set xmltv gui to write to the tvguide.xml in tvserver folder you should be good to go. The more data the longer the import can take.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Fistly a big thank you to wizard 123. I thought it might be heplful to other people who suffer the same issue to clarify how this was resolved. Wizard123 is quite right when stating that you extract the files from the zip folder of dg2xml skin & put them here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Digiguide TV Guide\schemes\server skin

There is no exe file.

The other thing i had not understood is that in the tv sever configuration tool under plugins then xmltv load & refresh you must then save. Next go back to the general tab & click import.

The above assumes you have done all the tuning of your tv cards or usb dongle as in my case, configured & done the mapping & configuration for your initial set up.

Again thank you wizard 123, but also lisag fof the helpful links posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom