Lip Sync/Audio Lag after pausing video/recorded TV (1 Viewer)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
July 22, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am in desperate need of help here. I have clean install of Win10, latest 1.3 Mediaportal Final. Latest windows updates. When I pause recorded tv or videos the lipsync audio goes out about a second or so. The same issue has been happening with the last few versions of mediaportal. I have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, the problem is almost certainly a codec problem.
    You've configured your video codec settings, but you haven't configured your TV codec settings. Therefore MediaPortal falls back to using the codecs which have been installed/configured with the highest "merit" at a Windows level. Sometimes that's okay, but in this case I think it's not. In your log files MediaPortal used the LAV video codec (okay) and "MPEG Audio Decoder" (known problems!). If you configure your TV codec settings to have MP use both the LAV video and audio codecs I think you'll find the problem will be solved.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi,
    Wow, thank you so much. I never touched the audio/video codecs. They were that way from fresh install. If this fixes the issue I will love you. This issue has been a pain for a year or two!

Another quick one if I may. I usually watch movies with PowerDVD as I find that watching them through Mediaportal the quality is not as good. Can you recommend what I should do here?

Thanks you very much :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This issue has been a pain for a year or two!
    I feel a bit sad about this. There's just no need for issues to drag on for years and years. People are here and available to help, but obviously we can't help unless we are made aware that there's a problem.

Another quick one if I may. I usually watch movies with PowerDVD as I find that watching them through Mediaportal the quality is not as good. Can you recommend what I should do here?
    Sorry, I don't understand the question.
    Are you asking how to improve the quality with MediaPortal?
    ...or are you asking how to integrate PowerDVD with MediaPortal?
    ...or...?

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi,
    Im sorry you feel sad. The problem is me for not reporting it :)

I would like to be able to play videos with the MP built in player and have similar quality as PowerDVD but I dont know if you are able to? If not I know that you can choose PowerDVD as your MP video player but after the movie finishes I dont believe that you can close the PowerDVD GUI with mediaportal remote.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi again. I attached three pictures for you. It looks like the Audio Codecs already were on the LAV.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      77.2 KB
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      50 KB
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      59.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Like I said, your video (and Blu-Ray) codec settings were certainly saved as LAV, however your TV codec settings were not.
    The reason why it looked like the TV codec settings were already set correctly is because LAV is the default. MediaPortal Configuration auto-selected the LAV options for you. Before you looked at the settings they were not set.
    All of that can be a bit confusing. The main point is that the problem should now be solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom