Lip sync problems with video ahead of audio (1 Viewer)

quartermain

Portal Member
May 5, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just upgraded to 1.10 (been waiting for ArgusTV 2.3). I have the latest AnyDVDHD installed.

When playing some BluRay discs (the latest being The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) the audio is about 200ms behind the video. In the first scene where Katniss is in the woods talking to Gale, the camera is close to Gale's face and you can see his lips start to move before you hear his voice.

I know that if I add FFDShow the audio can be adjusted but I recall that only lets me delay it, and I need to advance it.

XBMC/Kodi on the other hand plays that scene in perfect sync (but Kodi has other, more serious problems with this disc, it jumps from scene to scene apparently at random, so is unusable).

I'm curious to know how there can be lip sync problems - isn't the MediaPortal Audio Renderer supposed to eliminate those?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

isn't the MediaPortal Audio Renderer supposed to eliminate those?
    MPAR is able to speed up/down the audio stream to match the Video FPS. For example when you don't have a 24P option on your TV, you can set up 25Hz, and MPAR will speed it up to 25 FPS.

Does the disc play in sync when you use LAV Splitter? (Open MP Config >> Blu-ray >> UNcheck 'Use internal Blu-ray menu player'.
    You can't access the BD menus with LAV Splitter, but you should be able play the movie.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi, I went down a journey of lip-sync issues, initially I used ffdshow as a post processor, and that does allow the slider to be moved both left and right from a central position, so I think it might work for what you want.

I just use MPAR now though, and that seems to keep things in sync well. Occassionally if sync does drift, pressing stop and play gets it right again, but that doesn't happen often.

quartermain

Portal Member
    May 5, 2014
    Home Country
    I tried disabling "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and there was no difference. If anything it's worse, the audio looks to be about 1/2 second behind the video, so I put it back as it was.

I've installed FFDShow but I still can't adjust the delay - the slider appears but it won't move.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    To get the slider moving you need to set ffdshow to 'raw video' 'all supported' and then add ffdshow as a video post processor in MP Config. Let me know if you need more instructions and I'll take some screengrabs for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom