Listen to radio stream with "token" parameter in mms URL (1 Viewer)

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: SVN from Nov, 2nd 2007
    MediaPortal Version: SVN from Nov, 2nd 2007 and 0.2.0.3 stable
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo and MCE
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: 2600+ Sempron and 1.8GHz Pentium IV
    HDD: Samsung and Seagate
    Memory: 1GB and 768GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte and Medion
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA and Intel
    Motherboard Bios: Latest
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 and 9550

Hi there,

I am currenty trying to listen to StarFM's (http://www.starfm.de/nuernberg/index.php) live stream. It worked some time ago, but then they changed the URL of the stream. It now contains a parameter called "token" that seems to be some kind of hash value or unique identifier for the session. Its purpose seems to be to force people to listen to the stream via the web site (and to take a look at the ads therein).

After fiddling around with firefox' dom inspector and wget, I could extract the .asx file that results from a redirect operation and contains the "token" parameter:

<ASX version="3.0">
    <entry>
    <ref HREF="mms://213.200.75.252/starfmnuernberg$livestream.wma?token=6691b2d3ef11272e1954acf3349b1bc0"/>
    </entry>
    </ASX>

If it is really the intention of Star FM to prevent people from listening to their stream with programs like mp or winamp thats fine with me, and I will immediately switch to another station that is not that restrictive (or use mp's last.fm plugin :)).

But if someone knows a workaround or a solution to solve my problem and knows how to listen to this station then any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bye,
    BartManson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom