Completed Little ION HTPC (2 Viewers)

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    :DYes, good idea, I know it very well. Mini-ITX MoBo and M350 case are very important components of my seup. The result of my work is more then HTPC+TV TV with added (and hidden) intellect :D - see my description: T.I.B. II - ION HTPC Client...

I say. Why must be HTPC big case with plenty of (kilo)grams of the sheets? :)

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Has anyone looked at the mini-PCI slot on the ion board, and what it could be used for? I found a mini-pci ISDB-T card, and have been looking at some interesting 3G modems too, but not sure how easy it is to take out the built in wireless card on this board. Hasn't arrived in Brasil yet !

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Has anyone looked at the mini-PCI slot on the ion board, and what it could be used for? I found a mini-pci ISDB-T card, and have been looking at some interesting 3G modems too, but not sure how easy it is to take out the built in wireless card on this board.

Some current Mini-ITX MoBos have Mini PCIe slot and it isn't compatible with Mini-PCI. I don't know about modern MoBo (with powerfull GPU like ION) with old Mini-PCI interface.

My Zotax ION-A has one Mini-PCIe slot with Wifi and I tried Wifi card take out and used Mini-PCIe 3G modem - without any problem.

Mini-ITX motherboard with built-in WiFi and one Mini-PCIe is "dirty marketing trick" only, WiFi isn't built-in and Mini-PCIe is engaged (just with WiFi card)! But from other view, You can take out WiFi card anytime and use the Mini-PCIe for other purpose. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom