[not reproducible] live to not playing (2 Viewers)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
yes all seems ok on lappy so i would think its non reproducible, thanks for the help (y)

mabdk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

don't know if thread is closed or not, but i have exactly the same problem as Atomic7431.

Having a dedicated TV server and 3 clients all running MP 1.3 final build.
    Upgrading to MP 1.4 PR today, and none of my clients will play TV or DVD
    I start the DVD or click in the guide on the channel i want, screen goes Black for 2 seconds then, goes back to guide. the small preview window in top shows but only Black, sound goes on, but i never see any video.
    then MP freezes, but sound keeps playing.

tried default skin, here the program starts just fine, but if i click back to the guide, MP freezes, and only sound in the background.

as i said, the problem is the same on all 3 clients

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mabdk
    In future please use the watchdog to grab log files so that we have complete information.
    Also, did you check the mytvhomeserver.xml file to confirm that the problem was the same?
    I see you're using IFC - other people have reported problems using that with MP 1.4 PR.

mabdk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mm1352000 sorry will use watchdog in the future.

I just installed MP 1.4 PR on a laptop with a fresh win 7 x64 Pro, that have never run mediaportal before.
    The problem is the same here. Could it be the Intel Graphics, the only thing i can see all my machines have in common

*EDIT* Rebootet machine - installed MP on top now it's working.[DOUBLEPOST=1368958323][/DOUBLEPOST]OK - did a cleanup of MP on one of my clients. manually deleted all folders after running uninstall.
    Deleted MP folders in:
    c:\programdata
    c:\users\user\appdata\roaming

ran ccleaner

rebooted - installed mp 1.4 PR no extensions installed and now it Works. will try on another client.

Last edited:

mabdk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So an update - got MP 1.4 PR to Work on all clients.
    2 of them required a complete clean up to Work.
    1 of them i could just remove I.F.C.

So why the 2 didn't update proberly i don't know - but once Again i can enjoy my TV :)
    thank you for your assistance

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Just to mention I had the same problem with TV not working on my client until I updated the PureVisionHD skin to the latest version. I don't have IFC installed.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Just to mention I had the same problem with TV not working on my client until I updated the PureVisionHD skin to the latest version. I don't have IFC installed.

Strangely enough, the release notes do tell you that you will need to update your 3rd party skins, so you should not find this surprising. :)

InTranceWeTrust

Portal Member
    October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    i seem to be have a whole lot of problems tonight.

using any of the titan skins, when i go into tv guide and pick a channel from there and wait for live tv to show, i hear sound then the tv doesnt show and i end up back at the tv guide with the live tv playing at the top for a few seconds and then it stops playing like a freeze, now at this point i still have the ability to manoeuvre hrough the menus, but slowly mepo freezes and i have to ctrl alt del to force a closure of mepo.
    Ive tried this with plugins disabled and same story, but when i use default wide all seems to be working fine again.

had the same problem. Solved it by replacing mytvhomeServer.xml as suggested by Holzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom