Live TV - A few questions. Hopefully someone can help. (1 Viewer)

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
July 3, 2010
I've got a few problems with mediaportal 1.2.3 hopefully someone can help or share some ideas.

This is all to do with Live TV

1. Firstly sometimes the picture breaks up and freezes for a second and then resumes. Now this is due to signal and continuity issue which is fine.
However when this happens my sound goes out of sync with the video, and I have to rewind live tv a few seconds for it to sort its self out and go back in sync.

Is there any way of getting around this and to stop the sound going out of sync when there is a discontinuity error. ? Without having to stop playback and resuming.

2. When I am watching ITV1 HD I get the following error in the tswriter log : This
" pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b "

This message is displayed 10 times a second and keeps writting it in the log. So the log will eventually get to 100mb and greater very quickly.

What does this error actually mean ? It doesnt seem to effect the live tv when i'm watching that channel I dont think. And I have only noticed it when I am tuning to ITV1 .

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    That sounds like a weak signal. Have you tried to use another TV cable?
    What happens if you open the TV Server configuration -> manual control -> ITV1 HD -> Start Timeshift

How is the signal strengths and the quality? Are there discontinuitys?

1. I Know what you mean by that, but in MP everything highly depends on a good signal.
    If you manage to improve the signal quality you are almost done :)

2. see 1.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Firstly sometimes the picture breaks up and freezes for a second and then resumes. Now this is due to signal and continuity issue which is fine.
    However when this happens my sound goes out of sync with the video, and I have to rewind live tv a few seconds for it to sort its self out and go back in sync.

Is there any way of getting around this and to stop the sound going out of sync when there is a discontinuity error. ? Without having to stop playback and

I had the same problem until a couple of days ago when I changed the audio codec from LAV to Monogram and that fixed it for me.

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010

Is there any way of getting around this and to stop the sound going out of sync when there is a discontinuity error. ? Without having to stop playback and

I had the same problem until a couple of days ago when I changed the audio codec from LAV to Monogram and that fixed it for me.

I was using LAV audio codec actually. I'll try changing to monogram. See if it helps

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which video & audio decoders are you using, and which audio renderer ?

Is this Freesat or Freeview HD ?

Tony

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010
    This is Freesat HD . And i was using LAV Video and LAV audio decoders and EVR renderer.

The problem was just if there was ever a discontinuity and the picture broke up, the audio would go out of sync when the picture resumed.
    I don't know if there was anyway of getting the audio to always stay in sync.

Also about this issue in the log file " " pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b "

I have found out theres a bug in the plugin i'm using : "Custom EPG Grabber" which is causing this.

Now it doesnt do anything except fills up this log file to 100+mb and keeps going.

How can I stop the log file from writting, or limit file size or something till this bug is fixed

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I've had this issue in the past (and potentially still do)

The "fixed" I did (until the code is changed - I'm not sure its specific to DJBlu's plugin) is to use another ITV1 HD (I think - trying to recall - but if you delete all the other ITV1 HDs this will solve it too)

J.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    This is Freesat HD . And i was using LAV Video and LAV audio decoders and EVR renderer.

The problem was just if there was ever a discontinuity and the picture broke up, the audio would go out of sync when the picture resumed.
    I don't know if there was anyway of getting the audio to always stay in sync.

I don't know of any A/V sync issues when using LAV Video & Audio decoders (I use them myself).

Which audio renderer do you use for TV ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom